spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sofakng3

join:2007-08-25
Kingston, PA

[Caps] What is the current state of Comcast bandwidth caps?

Right now I'm subscribed to Comcast Business for internet so I don't have to worry about bandwidth caps, but I'd like to switch to Comcast Triple Play to save money.

Comcast always had a 250 GB bandwidth cap (for residential service) but I've read that Comcast recently removed all caps while they transition to a new tiered system.

Is this true?

I've just talked online to somebody at Comcast and they said the 250 GB cap is still in enforcement in my area so I don't know who to believe...

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:3

Yes, there is no cap right now, except currently in two trial markets (Nashville and Tucson), see:

»customer.comcast.com/help-and-su···ive-use/

But, you can't just go crazy with data usage right now, as one of those FAQs says:

Q: Does this mean you're going to stop cutting people off who exceed your allowance?

A: On May 17, 2012, we announced the suspension of our 250 GB usage allowance and that we would launch new data usage plans. We will continue to contact the very small number of excessive users about their usage, which can be indicative of security or related issues.