RiseAbove
Premium Member
join:2004-01-30

RiseAbove to Count Zero

Premium Member

to Count Zero

Re: [rant] Dont they get it - its not just the hardware

said by Count Zero:

It's all preference. I find every version of android to be buggy and to feel as if it were a poorly done rip of of iOS. Its customizability is nice but if all the software is glitchy what is the point.

I'm sorry but until you have used 4.1.1 on a Galaxy Nexus phone you have ZERO room to talk. That OS is probably one of the best overall at this point in the mobile workspace. The improvements Google have added and the new functionality destroy iOS in all aspects. iOS has become boring and stale and outdated, just like RIM ran into with their OS on their Blackberry's.

I test, use, and manage phones in a large corporate environment daily, I use all types of android and Apple devices non stop so I consider myself to be always on the ball when it comes to what is going on the mobile side and pure Nexus devices running 4.1.1 right now are amazing weapons to use. Windows Mobile is also doing some really interesting things as well but pure Android 4.1.1 has a brillant notification system, its quick and smooth.

I have used the 5 since it came out to see if I could get interested in iOS again and so far I'm bored again. It's not inspiring like it once was, it's not growing or maturing, it's just sitting and aging. Apple needs to step it up and make iOS 7 a complete redesign.

Stefania
Jezu Chryste, Kubi
Premium Member
join:2003-03-17
Chicago, IL

Stefania

Premium Member

I myself have switched to a Galaxy Nexus with JB. It's smooth, fast, functional. Quite possibly the best mobile OS I've ever used, as I type this very message on an iPad 3 w/ iOS 6. For now I am an Android customer.

Count Zero
Premium Member
join:2007-01-18
Milton, FL

Count Zero to RiseAbove

Premium Member

to RiseAbove
What would you change so drastically in iOS? The ONLY thing I could see myself adding that Android has is widgets on the desktop. Other than that I can't say I find any missing features. I like the notification center in iOS just fine. I might add some quick gestures to turn on/off wifi, bluetooth, Do Not Disturb - but again that's about all I can think off off the top of my head.