share rss forum feed

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
reply to TransitMan

Re: [TWC] Got new firmware For The SBG6580

said by TransitMan:

I can access it, just had to remember my login in and password that I had setup. Removed the default admin and motorola to make it a bit more secure.

I am curious as to why you got 3.3.1.0 just now as all I am seeing is 3.5.8.2 reports. I even created a thread on how it downloaded at 3 in the afternoon on a friday here.

TransitMan
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-05
Dayton, OH
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by motorola870:

said by TransitMan:

I can access it, just had to remember my login in and password that I had setup. Removed the default admin and motorola to make it a bit more secure.

I am curious as to why you got 3.3.1.0 just now as all I am seeing is 3.5.8.2 reports. I even created a thread on how it downloaded at 3 in the afternoon on a friday here.

Don't know.
It was 3.5.8.2 prior to this update.

slyderz
Premium
join:2002-07-19
Xenia, OH
same thing just happened to my modem. It was running 3.5.8.2

TransitMan
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-05
Dayton, OH
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to motorola870
I just looked at the firmware again and noticed that the ability to bring the modem out of Bridged Mode has been removed.

I now no longer have the option of switching from Cable Modem to Cable Modem / Router or back.

The wireless functions are available to me in the bridged mode however. How strange.

The 3 available options are; STATUS, WIRELESS, LOGOUT. Everything under those headings are available to me.

Aaron M

join:2002-03-01
Monrovia, CA
said by TransitMan:

The 3 available options are; STATUS, WIRELESS, LOGOUT. Everything under those headings are available to me.

Awhile back my menus were doing weird things. After I did a hard reset(hold red reset button on the back for 45sec) everything went back to normal. I wonder if all the software changes are causing the same issue with yours.