mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ
reply to Bob4

Re: [iO] WPIX News Ratings Fall Precipitously During Blackout

said by Bob4:

getting the show via 'alternative sources' and without commercials.

You don't have to illegally download it via Bittorrent. The CW web site has all of the shows online. It won't make much of a change in the dynamic of the dispute.

ilsno

@optonline.net
The poor folks in NW CT are being deprived of the Playoffs and possibly World Series because FOX 61 was pulled. No one really cares about PIX-11. Just bring back Antenna TV !

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
Piscataway, NJ
said by ilsno :

The poor folks in NW CT are being deprived of the Playoffs and possibly World Series

I think it's probably going to be streamed on MLB.TV or Cablevision will find a legal alternative way of providing the World Series.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Forget the World Series. I just want to watch hockey.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
Piscataway, NJ
said by Bob4:

Forget the World Series. I just want to watch hockey.

WPIX or not, that's probably not happening for a while.

NJBoricua75
Born And Raised

join:2000-09-13
Brooklyn, NY
reply to ilsno
said by ilsno :

The poor folks in NW CT are being deprived of the Playoffs and possibly World Series because FOX 61 was pulled. No one really cares about PIX-11. Just bring back Antenna TV !

Exactly. I miss Antenna TV But I'm glad CV is not caving in. This B.S. has to stop and I hope sends a message to the other networks.

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
Since Cablevision gave in on the Fox and ABC disputes in the past couple of years and just recently negotiated a new deal with CBS, I'm not so sure it will. CV would need to act like this with all of them in order for this to be more than a one time deal. The only reason CV is not budging is because WPIX has little to offer in terms of content people care about and thus few people are complaining.

When Fox and ABC went off, people were complaining left and right.

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Right.

WPIX does not have much power.

No one misses it much.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Channel 11 carried the Yankees for close to 50 years.

PX Eliezer70
Premium
Hutt River
But now they carry the Mets....

ilsno

@optonline.net
WPIX carries trashy daytime talk, a newscast that can be found on about 10 other outlets and a prime time schedule whose target audience is teenagers. No one I know particularly misses it. Theres been more outrage over FOX 61 and Antenna TV than WPIX.

Pirate515
Premium
join:2001-01-22
Brooklyn, NY
reply to mbernste
said by mbernste:

said by Bob4:

getting the show via 'alternative sources' and without commercials.

You don't have to illegally download it via Bittorrent. The CW website has all of the shows online. It won't make much of a change in the dynamic of the dispute.

Technically, if CW decide to be real pricks, they can blacklist CV's IP range, making it impossible to watch anything off their website when connected via OOL. But then again, that will send even more people to "alternative sources".
--
Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies...
A MESSAGE to the RIAA and the MPAA: You shouldn't wound what you can't kill...

PX Eliezer70
Premium
Hutt River
reply to ilsno
And their 10:00 pm newscast has never been as popular (or as good) as Channel 5 or even Channel 9.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
Piscataway, NJ
reply to Pirate515
said by Pirate515:

Technically, if CW decide to be real pricks, they can blacklist CV's IP range, making it impossible to watch anything off their website when connected via OOL.

This was attempted by Hulu during the Fox dispute. It lasted a very short period of time when investor Comcast chimed in. The last thing you want is a fight with the 900 lb gorilla in the cable television industry. It also brings up a whole debate about net neutrality issue and can have the government on Tribune's tush faster than you can spell FCC.