djcrazy
Premium
join:2009-08-05
Minneapolis, MN
Reviews:
·Comcast
·T-Mobile US

1 edit

[General] English speaking rep in billing department?

How does one go about getting a rep that can correct billing errors that speaks understandable English?

I was about a year past my 2 year contract and cancelled and went with T Mobile because of signal issues and lousy customer support from Verizon. A year ago I tried to upgrade to a new phone and ended up returning it 2 days later due to signal issues far worse than the current phone I had at the time. When I returned it, I had my old phone ( sim card?) reactivated. I specifically asked and was told at that time that I was not under a new contract. Fast forward to now and I get billed for an ETF. I went to a Verizon store ( the same one I returned the phone to a year earlier) and they went back and saw it was a billing mistake as far as the ETF is concerned but said that they cannot fix it and it has to be handled by corporate. They tried to resolve the issue while I was at the store but were having problems and said they would get it taken care of. This was after I tried myself twice and ended up with someone who has such bad english I could not understand them.

Now I get another bill again asking for the same ETF which tells me this never got resolved. So my question here is HOW do I get someone who speaks good English and can adjust this bill. I will not pay it because it is a mistake and I am not liable.

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:2

I am having trouble with your timeline. Tell me if I understand it correctly.

September 2007 start service with Verizon on 2 year contract.

September 2010 end service with Verizon

September 2010 start service with T-mobile

September 2011 attempted to upgrade T-mobile phone. Upgrade failed. Stopped using T-mobile.

September 2011 reactivated old Verizon phone(SIM card?). Verizon store(official or reseller?) told you that you could use same plan you had before.

First I am curious as to the model of Verizon phone with a SIM card. Verizon is a CDMA operator and had very few SIM GSM/CDMA models for international operation.

September 2012 get bill from Verizon for ETF.

Is the timeline above correct or am I missing something?

There is the Verizon Direct Forum at »Verizon Direct
They might be able to help. I would advise getting the exact dates of the transactions or communications involved, the Verizon model phones involved, and anything else such as receipts or bills you have.

djcrazy
Premium
Minneapolis, MN
Reviews:
·Comcast
·T-Mobile US

2 edits

September 18 2009 started with verizon ( transition from qwest when they were discontinuing wireless and began reselling verizon)

Sometime around september 2011, I tried a new phone but ended up returning it 2 days later at the same verizon store I got it from and having them reactivate my old LG VX8360. I was assured at that time that because I didn't upgrade that there would be no contract extension.

Early August 2012, I ported my number to T mobile and got a Galaxy S 3 and cancelled service with verizon. ( Thank god, at least now I get a signal at home!)

Last month I got a bill for an ETF and tried to get it resolved at the verizon store and even they said it was a mistake, as they could see all the records of the returned phone, and the reactivation of the old phone. They said they would try to get it cleared up later because they were also having problems when talking to corporate(?).

Now I get yet another bill.

Note: edited other post to add a ? mark because I could have sworn they said something about a sim card.

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:2

I would first go back to the store with the new bill. They may be able to help. If that does not work I would try the direct forum. As far as I can tell there is no SIM card for the LG VX8360. »www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-VX8360

firepong

join:2006-08-08
Bay, AR

said by davidhoffman:

I would first go back to the store with the new bill. They may be able to help. If that does not work I would try the direct forum. As far as I can tell there is no SIM card for the LG VX8360. »www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-VX8360

If their is a upgraded version of this phone that supports 4G and this is the one that you have, then it does indeed have a SIM Card. Any phone that supports 4G LTE has to have a SIM Card because of the technology required, if I remember correctly.

djcrazy
Premium
Minneapolis, MN
Reviews:
·Comcast
·T-Mobile US
reply to djcrazy

Updated: I found a corporate store in Maple Grove and the guy that helped me was fantastic! He explained to me exactly what was wrong and then fixed it. Took a bit of doing though. Apparently, when I returned that newer phone 2 days later in 2011 and went back to my old one, the non corporate store forgot to reset my contract start date back to the original start date of Sept 2009. Because of that, the system thought I was under contract when in reality I was on a month to month for the last 11 1/2 months I was with Verizon. This mistake is what caused the billing system to generate a ETF.

Thanks for the responses.

beck
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road
kudos:1
reply to djcrazy

I agree that the people working in the maple grove store (kind of by costco) are great. They are well trained and helpful.

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
Reviews:
·Champion Broadba..
reply to djcrazy

Reading your posts I was totally confused. And that's a put down of me--NOT YOU. Guess I should be glad I never had to be a cellular rep!

Glad you finally got the right person!

Isn't that the way it is with some problems in any variety of areas or services? Mass confusion and contradiction, bad CSR the whole thing is a nightmare and then you cross paths with just one person that understands immediately and fully and so easily clears up the problem it is all most like you really didn't have that serious of a problem.