spc
uniqs

ilsno
@optonline.net

ilsno to mbernste

Anon

to mbernste

Re: [iO] WPIX News Ratings Fall Precipitously During Blackout

The poor folks in NW CT are being deprived of the Playoffs and possibly World Series because FOX 61 was pulled. No one really cares about PIX-11. Just bring back Antenna TV !

mbernste
MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste

MVM

said by ilsno :

The poor folks in NW CT are being deprived of the Playoffs and possibly World Series

I think it's probably going to be streamed on MLB.TV or Cablevision will find a legal alternative way of providing the World Series.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

Forget the World Series. I just want to watch hockey.

mbernste
MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste

MVM

said by Bob4:

Forget the World Series. I just want to watch hockey.

WPIX or not, that's probably not happening for a while.

NJBoricua75
Born And Raised
join:2000-09-13
Brooklyn, NY

NJBoricua75 to ilsno

to ilsno
said by ilsno :

The poor folks in NW CT are being deprived of the Playoffs and possibly World Series because FOX 61 was pulled. No one really cares about PIX-11. Just bring back Antenna TV !

Exactly. I miss Antenna TV But I'm glad CV is not caving in. This B.S. has to stop and I hope sends a message to the other networks.

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

Since Cablevision gave in on the Fox and ABC disputes in the past couple of years and just recently negotiated a new deal with CBS, I'm not so sure it will. CV would need to act like this with all of them in order for this to be more than a one time deal. The only reason CV is not budging is because WPIX has little to offer in terms of content people care about and thus few people are complaining.

When Fox and ABC went off, people were complaining left and right.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

Right.

WPIX does not have much power.

No one misses it much.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

Channel 11 carried the Yankees for close to 50 years.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

But now they carry the Mets....

ilsno
@optonline.net

ilsno

Anon

WPIX carries trashy daytime talk, a newscast that can be found on about 10 other outlets and a prime time schedule whose target audience is teenagers. No one I know particularly misses it. Theres been more outrage over FOX 61 and Antenna TV than WPIX.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

And their 10:00 pm newscast has never been as popular (or as good) as Channel 5 or even Channel 9.