how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

quidnunc

join:2011-03-03
Richmond Hill, ON
reply to rickkwa

Re: Teksavvy in Markham, Ontario

Cable is better in my opinion. It's more reliable, usually faster, slightly better latency. I've had Teksavvy Cable 28 since the beginning of August - haven't had any problems. Speeds are a little inconsistent sometimes but nothing I wouldn't consider good. The speed boost (download faster than normal for a few seconds) that you also see on Rogers is there so that also is a pro over DSL.

Regarding customer support there's a Teksavvy Direct forum here. They were pretty good about helping me when I was getting the service up and running but I've never had any problems with the service so that was the extent of my interaction with them.

rickkwa

join:2012-10-06
Thanks for the reply. You say that sometimes the speed is inconsistent. How often is that 'sometimes' and how much will the speed drop.

quidnunc

join:2011-03-03
Richmond Hill, ON
Just the speed will fluctuate between 800 to 3200 K/s when on Rogers it wouldn't do that. It isn't a problem for "serious" downloading as you can still max out the speed using multiple simultaneous connections but it is noticeable to me on a service where that isn't possible e.g. downloading from Dropbox