join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:3

3 edits

1 recommendation

reply to 90115534

Re: manually or automatic

said by StuartMW:

I prefer to get, and keep, the full installers for all software (in case of re-install, new-install etc) and I get them when new versions are announced. I also prefer to update on my schedule (and knowledge) vs the vendors (and updaters).

Also I like to know what an update is for before I install. The problem these days is that vendors often don't put out release notes at the same time as updates (are you listening Adobe?).

BTW Microsoft is also guilty of this. I don't know how many times I've looked at a Windows update and clicked on the KB article URL only to get a "not found". Geez, how hard is it to coordinate this stuff?
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
Premium
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA
said by StuartMW:

said by StuartMW:

I prefer to get, and keep, the full installers for all software (in case of re-install, new-install etc) and I get them when new versions are announced. I also prefer to update on my schedule (and knowledge) vs the vendors (and updaters).

Also I like to know what an update is for before I install. The problem these days is that vendors often don't put out release notes at the same time as updates (are you listening Adobe?).

BTW Microsoft is also guilty of this. I don't know how many times I've looked at a Windows update and clicked on the KB article URL only to get a "not found". Geez, how hard is it to coordinate this stuff?

Agreed.