how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

m12345s

join:2010-10-13
Bolivar, MO

Novatel U760 pigtail

Hi, I have had Millenicom for a couple years now with some problems, anyway I just wanted to ask if it is normal that my pigtail I have for my modem just seems to barely fit in the antenna jack of the modem, it is loose, I previously had a Sprint sierra wireless 598 modem but got rid of it and went with millenicom's Verizon plan, I was told that the pigtail for the 598 modem is the same one used by the 760, so I just used it, it seems like it was a loose fit in the 598 as well, just double checking to make sue I have the correct pigtail, thank you.

Max Signal
Premium
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY
kudos:1

It is the same antenna adapter cable . Both devices have the same RF port.

boondockEVDO

join:2012-09-25
USA
reply to m12345s

I just purchased a new TS/9 Pigtail for my MC760 modem and yup it is very loose. I am even considered taping it to the modem.

I read on a thread I found on google that the TS/9 pigtail fits loose in the 760s and he said that there is another adapter (not designed for the 760) that fits snug and still works. I am not sure which adapter he was suggesting though.

Max Signal
Premium
Buffalo, NY

The TS/9 is not the right adapter for the 760 and that is probably one of your issues . Remember close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Spend the extra money and buy the proper adapter from a trusted vendor . WWW.WPSantennas.com takes their adapters very seriously and only sell top quality stuff and not cheap aftermarket knockoffs . It is worth spending a few dollars more to get much better performance and not risking damaging the port on your device with an almost fit.

m12345s

join:2010-10-13
Bolivar, MO
reply to m12345s

I just don't understand why the fit is so loose, Not much is keeping it from just falling out

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:3
reply to m12345s

I had to switch to this,»www.wpsantennas.com/359936-anten···dem.aspx, from WPS Antennas to get my adapter to stay in my 760.

Max Signal
Premium
Buffalo, NY

2 edits
reply to m12345s

said by m12345s:

I just don't understand why the fit is so loose, Not much is keeping it from just falling out

Because adapters can loosen up after repeated use . Sometimes they just wear out . You can try gently squeezing the prongs back together

boondockEVDO

join:2012-09-25
USA

1 edit
reply to m12345s

I realize the OP is talking about a U760 but I thought they had the same ports, my apologies for misinformation if so. I am using the MC760 (novatel virgin mobile) with an OEM SMK TS-9 pig tail. It has a slightly loose fit, it wont fall out if I shake the modem or anything though.

This is a picture of it »www.antennagear.net/catalog/AG-N···Adpt.JPG

Despite not having a perfectly snug fit (it still stays in if I move the modem) will it really effect my antenna's connection to the modem? Will it give me noticeable poor performance compared to the proper connector?

Max Signal
Premium
Buffalo, NY

1 edit

said by boondockEVDO:

I realize the OP is talking about a U760 but I thought they had the same ports, my apologies for misinformation if so. I am using the MC760 (novatel virgin mobile) with an OEM SMK TS-9 pig tail. It has a slightly loose fit, it wont fall out if I shake the modem or anything though.

This is a picture of it »www.antennagear.net/catalog/AG-N···Adpt.JPG

Despite not having a perfectly snug fit (it still stays in if I move the modem) will it really effect my antenna's connection to the modem? Will it give me noticeable poor performance compared to the proper connector?

In a word Yes !!! Close does not count when making an RF connection . For the best performance and as to not damage the port on your device . An exact fit is advised . Antennagear is one of the cheap aftermarket brands I referred to . Davidhoffman gave you the link to the adapter he is using from the best vendor out there for quality antenna adapter cables.