Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

zeiterfiber

join:2012-05-27
Quebec, QC

[TV] CNN HD

Hi there,

I heard a couple of weeks ago that the CRTC ruled that people could subscribe by channel only without the need to take a whole package. Does Bell apply this now? I just want to add CNN HD ...but I do not want the other channels with the package.

Is it possible? Thank you

Martin
Premium
join:2005-05-05
@bell.ca
kudos:3

Unfortunately CNN is not available one by one for the moment, it is included in The Favorites, Top Bilingual, Top Anglo.

rogersmogers

@start.ca
reply to zeiterfiber

You will be able to order single channels sometime in the next 5 years.

En Enfer
This account has been compromised

join:2003-07-25
Montreal, QC
kudos:4
reply to zeiterfiber

said by zeiterfiber:

I heard a couple of weeks ago that the CRTC ruled that people could subscribe by channel only without the need to take a whole package. Does Bell apply this now?

There are still some exceptions. For example, Speed Channel owners (Fox) disallow the channel to be offered à la carte, so you are forced to pick a sports package to get the channel. Have to respect the broadcaster's wishes, even if they're stupid.

But since CNN can be chosen à la carte on Vidéotron, you can blame Bhell for not allowing you pick it up à la carte.
--
Tell your children over dinner, "Due to the economy, we are going to have to let one of you go."

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

said by En Enfer:

said by zeiterfiber:

I heard a couple of weeks ago that the CRTC ruled that people could subscribe by channel only without the need to take a whole package. Does Bell apply this now?

There are still some exceptions. For example, Speed Channel owners (Fox) disallow the channel to be offered à la carte, so you are forced to pick a sports package to get the channel. Have to respect the broadcaster's wishes, even if they're stupid.

But since CNN can be chosen à la carte on Vidéotron, you can blame Bhell

dude, you misspelt bell
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!