John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium Member
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL

John97 to hubrisnxs

Premium Member

to hubrisnxs

Re: After 7 years, have to say goodbye to FIOS....

said by hubrisnxs:

dtv for sure. picture and features are the bees knees. plus 1080p vod :]

Thanks. I got some more info DTV today and that put me over the top.
fioseller
join:2007-08-31
Lindenhurst, NY

fioseller to aaronwt

to aaronwt
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way. I started another thread about my search over the last year or 2 regarding FIOS in Florida. I did make it a priority and I am pleased with what I learned. So, for me I will be getting FIOS when I move down next year. I will move to Polk County and it is there.

altermatt
Premium Member
join:2004-01-22
White Plains, NY

1 recommendation

altermatt to John97

Premium Member

to John97
Relieved to find that I'm not the only lunatic to actually be considering future moves in terms of where FIOS is! No, it's not the only consideration, but it would be VERY hard for me to give up FIOS, not just because of the services (which some cable companies really do come close to or surpass) but because I'm currently enjoying pretty good price. If my bill jumped to the level that cable costs in many of the places I've looked, I might feel better about losing FIOS, although I'm a VZ subscriber from the beginning of my broadband experience (first DSL, then FIOS) and plan on keeping it if I can for the duration.

To the original poster: We have friends in Palm Coast who use Brighthouse and are very happy with it, though they pay more than I do for FIOS.
hubrisnxs
join:2009-12-30
Fountain Valley, CA

hubrisnxs to John97

to John97
plus you can watch your DVR from your laptop with their software. and their youtube on tv works flawlessly, and they have an in theatres now option. It's kinda pricey, but about the same price if you took your family to the actual theatre. if I couldn't get fios I would definetely get DTV again. I was ecstatic withthe quality and features. It was worth paying a little extra, but their introductory offer is very attractive, and their ordering system is SPOT ON. If I want to change my tv plan it's instant. no waiting around for hours or days for orders.

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium Member
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL

John97

Premium Member

I figure I'll bring this full circle and report back after my first month with my new services here in Florida.

My DirecTV works great. I am very happy with the service. I have their new Genie 5-tuner DVR system and despite alot of complaints people are posting about online, I am not having issues with the client units, etc. We got some pretty good rain, and didn't lose service or notice any "rain fade" while watching tv.

I have Brighthouse (Time Warner) internet (40/5) and phone service. Now, both work great. I had some issues with their combo modem/router device which was installed, but since that was replaced I have no complaints.

Getting used to the feature/interface differences with DTV is taking a bit, but it's nothing time won't fix.

I still wish I had FIOS available here, but what I do have is sufficient.
margaf
join:2000-12-22
Las Vegas, NV

margaf to aaronwt

to aaronwt
said by aaronwt:

If I ever move again, the available ISPs where I move will be near the top of my priority list. Actually it will be the top priority.

This place helps me not feel crazy putting that so high on this list all these years.