how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jzoomer

join:2008-05-20
Orange, CA

TWC website no help in adding tv service

I currently have twc for roadrunner in the socal region and was looking at adding tv service (lakers!). I go to the web site and my choices are digital service and standard digital service. All the web site tells you is that one has more channels than the other. If you go to channel line-up on the web site, it refers to groupings that aren't related to the packages named in adding TV service. The web site sucks!

Is there a useful web page that lists channels, packages, and prices for socal region?

Suit Up

join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
If all that you want is TWC SportsNet so you can watch the Lakers, all you need to get is basic cable.

If you want get the digital service, you get your choice of one of the digital tiers (they are listed below basic cable in the package filter on the right of the page). The Variety tier offers the most channels, and unless you really want a channel that's not on it, would be your best bet. You can also get a second tier for $8/month.

jzoomer

join:2008-05-20
Orange, CA

1 recommendation

Since I couldn't find "basic cable" pricing on the web site, I did an online chat with CSR. I would have to pay $30 per month plus equipment fees to get basic cable. With my internet, that would be $132 per month ($100 internet + $30 basic cable + $2 cablecard).

Seems like a lot of money.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by jzoomer:

Since I couldn't find "basic cable" pricing on the web site, I did an online chat with CSR. I would have to pay $30 per month plus equipment fees to get basic cable. With my internet, that would be $132 per month ($100 internet + $30 basic cable + $2 cablecard).

Seems like a lot of money.

Cable is always expensive. Look at promotional prices. Cheaper, but not after they end.

Suit Up

Los Angeles, CA
reply to jzoomer
$32/month for TV seems like it's already the bundle pricing. The a la carte pricing for basic cable is around $60/month. What is really costing all the money is the Ultimate internet. If you want to reduce costs, downgrade to Extreme or Turbo. Until it gets a faster upload speed, Ultimate is just a ripoff.

Also, you can find pricing here: »www.timewarnerla.com/pricingguides

btB

@rr.com
reply to jzoomer
From the ad Time Warner sent me, it says:

"$29.99 promotional price point refers to TV Essentials Package where available or Analog TV service; after 12 months, standard monthly rates apply."

TV Essentials is Time Warner's response to those who complain that basic cable is too expensive. Thus, you get mostly lesser-expensive channels. Furthermore, there is no HD. No cablecards either. Last I checked, there were no expensive sports channels.

Whether SportsNet is on TV Essentials or not is a mystery to me since there is no channels list. Anybody here actually have TV Essentials?

Now if your area only has basic cable instead of TV Essentials, then you would be able to pick up SportsNet on analog cable. Of course with basic cable, SportsNet would not be in HD.

Suit Up

Los Angeles, CA
said by btB :

Now if your area only has basic cable instead of TV Essentials, then you would be able to pick up SportsNet on analog cable. Of course with basic cable, SportsNet would not be in HD.

TWCSN LA is on analog. You can get a CableCard for basic cable, at least they sent letters stating that when they started moving analog channels to digital only.