dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

it_tech_kid

Anon

wan question!

-does anyone still use frame relay/atm anymore or has everything migrated to mpls type of connections now? and if frame is still being used, why??

solveforce
solveforce
Premium Member
join:2007-03-08
Yorba Linda, CA

2 edits

solveforce

Premium Member

Yes, there are still many companies using legacy systems that are currently operating on old Frame Relay/ATM systems.

Also, there are many reasons why a company could still be on these systems, maybe old equipment, software, etc.

Probably the most logical one is they haven't been introduced to MPLS yet. We've noticed that companies still don't know what MPLS is.

As funny as it may seem, we have converted several legacy T1 and T3 circuits to Ethernet Services and the companies didn't even know what Ethernet service was until we explained it to them. After we explained it, they migrated to Ethernet. The same case studies applies to MPLS.

BandwidthNow
join:2006-03-22

BandwidthNow to it_tech_kid

to it_tech_kid
I can't remember the last time I received a quote inquiry from either... I believe just very simple applications like POS (Point-of-Sale) systems and bank transaction machines might still use Frame..

MPLS services via EVPL, IPVPN, and VPLS are the preferred replacement mediums these days. But you probably already know that

1(877)520-1924
info@realtimet1search.com
»www.realtimet1search.com