·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

1 edit
reply to TOPDAWG

Re: Astraweb automates DMCA removals

said by TOPDAWG:

So whats a serve with a good price and most likely won't get hit with a lot of take downs?

IMO...the answers to questions like this get misconstrued after the fact and then forums get filled with "So and So ignores requests!". This certainly didnt help Astraweb out with several years of this being said. Not one provider will ignore them IF received.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Midland, ON
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 edit

said by swintec:

said by TOPDAWG:

So whats a serve with a good price and most likely won't get hit with a lot of take downs?

IMO...the answers to questions like this get misconstrued after the fact and then forums get filled with "So and So ignores requests!". This certainly didnt help Astraweb out with several years of this being said. Not one provider will ignore them IF received.

well they also turned into one of the biggest usenet providers too. well ok I'll say it this way what one does not use a auto remove like Astraweb now does as long as a file is up a few hours I can still get it.
AH the order page for sunny will not translate. I'd try it for a month but order page I've no idea WTF I'm looking at.

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5

As far as I can tell sunny usenet only takes bank transfer now.

TOPDAWG
Premium
Midland, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by swintec:

yeah to bad looks like to hard to join them now.

sandman_1

join:2011-04-23
reply to swintec

said by swintec:

Yea for some reason, they don't have their Visa/Mastercard logos on their site anymore. Weird...

Anyway XS Usenet is a reseller for the same provider Sunny resells for XLNed. Someone posted this awhile back so check out the Holland providers »www.abload.de/image.php?img=usenetwajgg.png

DvST8

join:2000-03-08
Staten Island, NY

I cancelled my Astraweb account yesterday and went with XS Usenet.

Ended up saving me a good amount.
Was paying $11 a month for Astrweb, XS is $5.44, so pretty much half price!

A year costs $65.23 USD after code switch (upgrade a free account).
They still take Paypal.

So far after some quick tests, 18 connects maxes out my 85 Mb connection.

TOPDAWG
Premium
Midland, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 edit

hey can you do a test and see if you can grab a file? I know one that is being removed every time on Astrweb. how are you getting it so cheap looked at their prices did you go for a year sub?

hm tried the file that is always being removed no go on the XS free account so I'd guess same goes for pay one.

sandman_1

join:2011-04-23

Their free account only has 10 days retention. Otherwise their retention is 900 days, though probably not for headers.

TOPDAWG
Premium
Midland, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by sandman_1:

Their free account only has 10 days retention. Otherwise their retention is 900 days, though probably not for headers.

the stuff was just like a few hours old and a few days both fall in the 10 day thing.