spc
Search similar:

uniqs
FtWayne123
join:2012-10-07
Fort Wayne, IN

FtWayne123

[Connectivity] Cable running distance?

I moved to where I live about 2 years ago and I always had Comcast before now. Well when I moved, I moved into a house off the road a bit. Comcast told us that we lived to far off the road to run lines to our house, saying that by the time the signal got to us, it would be to weak for anything to function. I can understand this, but the guy didn't seem to care much and didn't really try to figure something out for us. I went out today and I'm estimating that from the nearest utility pole to our electricity meter box it is about 525 feet or so +/- 50 feet. I read on another site that this wouldn't be a problem if they use a stronger cable(RG11?) and an amplifier? Does this seem like something that could work or not? We are just wanting Comcast internet and nothing else. Thanks

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech

Premium Member

That distance would require an active setup (exact details would depend on plant design). RG11 would not be enough, and most likely even hardline wouldn't be an option without an active device (Amp, etc.).

This would require you to contact your local Offices Construction supervisor to request a survey and quote for your share of the install cost. This will be in the 4 figures plus.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to FtWayne123

MVM

to FtWayne123
There were 2 recent threads about this same/similar issue:

»Unserviceable address installation question

»[Connectivity] "not servicable" despite trunk line and