Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious

Re: [Sci-Fi] Fringe: Season Five

I just watched the second episode of the season, "In Absentia," and I have to say it was great. Definitely one of the best Fringe episodes I've seen. The interactions between Etta, Olivia, and the Loyalist were excellently written and performed.
Actually, everything about the episode was great.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

I have a feeling we will be seeing the loyalist again.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Rook008

Premium Member

to Rook008
I'd rather she killed him. Just to drive home the point that there is no trust in between the two sides.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

But I think him changing his mind (and Etta changing hers) was part of the point of the episode.
Olivia (and Walter, Peter and Astrid) haven't lived through the 20 or so years of Observer occupation, and they see things very differently. When the Loyalist sees that Olivia's not beaten, and that she really believes that the humans can win, he changes his mind about the Loyalists.
Etta being less of a cold-blooded soldier was also a nice consequence of Olivia's influence, especially after seeing her partner's head being experimented on (that was a cool scene).

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

That whole shit wouldn't have happened if Walter was so stupid as to stick around looking through the books rather than just getting Olivia and leaving with the others.

Wily_One
Premium Member
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

Wily_One

Premium Member

I liked tonight's episode. Ended on a real good note.