Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to Krisnatharok

Re: [RPG Review] Dishonored: Story-driven roleplaying

said by Krisnatharok:

Now I know what I'm watching on Amazon this afternoon...

OT but Dredd was awesome man. I barely heard of it while in theaters and thought that must mean it must not be that great but rented it anyway. I watched it twice then bought the blu ray. It's like a hyper violent Robocop - Die Hard combo set in Megacity 1. NOTHING like the Stallone film.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to Krisnatharok

Still waiting for my birthday present....

/hint

Grimm

join:2011-05-23
reply to Krisnatharok

I highly recommend the 3D version if you have the option.
--
Slydermv--In short.. hookers save lives.

Mcallan

join:2012-08-28
Arlington, VA
reply to Krisnatharok

Dredd really reminded me of another movie that came out last year "The Raid:Redemption" extreme action and quite well done.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Krisnatharok

I managed to finish this game over the weekend. I enjoyed every minute of it.

I'm going to attempt a Ghost playthrough. I mananged to accomplish it on the very first level. I can tell it'll be extremely tough though later on.

One of the thing I hope they address if they do a sequel, is to make weapons and abilities (other then blink) have a little more meaning. Guns, crossbow, grenades, timestop, mind control, etc. really didn't seem to matter much, seeing as how you can play through the whole game easily with using only your sword or simply choking every single person out.

It was well worth the money spent.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Upgraded Blink is key for a Ghost playthrough. Slow Time/Time Stop is also very handy, though, not nearly as much as upgraded Blink.

What I would really like is more non-lethal options other than the Sleeping Darts and the Choke-Out, especially some sort of sleep power.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV

Yeah, upgraded Blink just ended up making nearly every other ability and weapon seem meaningless.

I also forgot to mention Bone Charms. These were another aspect of the game that fell kind of flat with me and seemed meaningless. I got the feeling of no matter which Bone Charms I equipped, it didn't really matter in the long run, because I could just Blink my out of any situation.

I got a feeling this will be addressed in the sequel. I read a lot of people had issue with this.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

I thought the bone charms were neat, though, as you said, meaningless... for the most part. There were a few mana ones that were just awesome for the Ghost playthrough. However, I did not like that every single one was random when you found it in the world.