All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
harrasment10
join:2012-11-28

harrasment10 to merve04

to merve04

Re: Optic internet speed increase coming soon?

Yeah thats really fast wow you must be pretty close to the building. The nearest one I can find is bchydro or telus near the CIBC in courtenay and I dont really think its possible for me to move to a place 1000 feet from there.

Kitlope
join:2004-07-29
Edmonton, Ab

Kitlope to merve04

to merve04
Glad it worked out for you Merve, it can sure be a crapshoot whenever one calls Telus and starts talking tech, especially with a soft roll out like this. Been there, done that in the past and yeah it can be very frustrating.
bhazeltn
Premium Member
join:2011-01-18
Calgary, AB

bhazeltn to amorak

Premium Member

to amorak
I qualify, just waiting for him to schedule the apt

rustydusty
join:2009-09-29
Red Deer County, AB

rustydusty to bimmerdriver

to bimmerdriver
Still not being listed on the site?
TantaM
join:2003-12-14
Vancouver, BC

TantaM

Just called Telus and spoke with a CSR and found out that the 50mbps speeds are available for me. Once my current 50mbps promotion offer with shaw ends, I may have to consider going with telus. Good to know options are available.

all the best.
bhazeltn
Premium Member
join:2011-01-18
Calgary, AB

bhazeltn

Premium Member

I'm sure I can handle being a bit slower on the down. I like the up!
Trencher
join:2007-02-12
Etobicoke, ON

Trencher to schag001

to schag001
Well until Feb and then they're cutting it in half and starting to enforce it

mudchucker
Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy
Premium Member
join:2000-10-21

mudchucker

Premium Member

said by Trencher:

Well until Feb and then they're cutting it in half and starting to enforce it

And the sky is falling also
Trencher
Etobicoke, ON

Trencher

Your sarcasm is lost on me. Don't believe me?

Bauwoo
join:2003-12-07

Bauwoo to Trencher

to Trencher
Yeah you're full of sh*t if you know if they are going to enforce it or not. Wait till it happens then cry about it.
Trencher
Etobicoke, ON

Trencher

So please tell me why they would drop the bandwidth cap down to 250 and then go "oh no, we're not going to enforce it.. It's all for show"... Get real!
Expand your moderator at work
Reg Dunlop
join:2012-12-04

Reg Dunlop to Anon

to Anon

I recently got Optik TV based on the fair caps. Now that they are savagely reducing the monthly usage by a eye-gouging 50% (even if they at the moment do not enforce the caps) now makes me regret that decision. The fact that they are advertising the current caps to unsuspecting new customers without mentioning they are being reduced in just a few weeks appears more than just a bit shady.

Bauwoo

4 edits

Bauwoo to Anon

to Anon
Simple solution, if you don't like it use something else.
anhloc
join:2009-12-11
Canada

anhloc to Reg Dunlop

to Reg Dunlop
The change doesn't take effect until February. So ease up on the hyperbole there.
Trencher
Etobicoke, ON

Trencher to Bauwoo

to Bauwoo
Doesn't work that way, I'm pretty sure most of us here signed 1 or 2 year contracts.... So I can't just "take my business elsewhere" like you suggest.
Trencher

Trencher to anhloc

to anhloc
Well Febuary is only 7 weeks away... Not much of a hyperboil

Bauwoo

Bauwoo to Trencher

to Trencher
Buy out your contract and learn from that mistake as well.
Ikarasu
join:2004-01-09
Port Coquitlam, BC

Ikarasu to bimmerdriver

to bimmerdriver
Theyre changing the terms of the contract. That usually means you can get out of your contract without having to buy your way out of it.

Pretty sure legally, you can cancel anytime and say it's because of the bandwidth change / them breaking the terms of the contract... Although they might "Legacy" users, to avoid a situation like this.

pfak
Premium Member
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC

pfak to Anon

Premium Member

to Anon

said by Bauwoo:

They have a cap now. They don't enforce it. Lowering a cap doesn't prove any enforcement theories you concocted. I am the real one here boy. Get some evidence before you go around bloating your mouth around with crap. Here's a thought; when Feb 1st comes around, download past the cap and see what happens. Until then, stfu and wait till something happens before sh*tting your pants.

Since I signed a 3-year contract at my new condo back in May, there has been a price increase of almost $10/month (before my service was even active) and additionally now they're halving my cap.

How is that fair at all?

Bauwoo

Bauwoo

Who said life was fair? You guys should read what you guys sign. Bet you in that contract that there's something in there that allows them to do this or they wouldn't be doing it.
anhloc
join:2009-12-11
Canada

anhloc to bimmerdriver

to bimmerdriver

I suppose you could cancel without charge due to TELUS changing the terms. Again though, this is dependent on whether or not TELUS starts charging for overages.

I would have hate to have seen my theoretical bill for last month. According to the traffic meter on my router, I used 2.16TB since I got Optik 50 installed...
DanteX
join:2010-09-09

1 edit

DanteX

I am in the same boat as well and average anywhere from 750 to 2tb in one month on Optik 25.

Prices keep rising and we keep getting less. Bandwidth caps are in no way a means to promote innovation.

If Telus halves my bandwidth allotment and tells me i got to start paying overages then they can forget ever having me as a customer again.

Is it really necessary to take your customers tip them upside down and shake their money out until they are broke?

This is the 21s century yet we are being treated like its the dial up days and getting Nickled and dimed.

StarBuck4
join:2011-01-16
Beverly Hills, CA

StarBuck4 to bimmerdriver

to bimmerdriver
mmmh What's the point of having a 50Mbps if I can fill my allotment in say roughly 13hrs ?

Teksavvy = unlimited @ 25Mbps = 45$/month. ( Cable) so I can keep Optik TV ( purely for the wife, as I rarely watch TV... it rots the brain don't cha know !)
and I can down load the last 5% of the internet ... I'm almost there.
Of course it would be nice to have 50 on Teksavvy but , I'll take unlimited over speed anyway, who wants to pay overages.

It'll be a pity to leave Telus as I'm having so much fun playing with modems LOL