uniqs
share rss forum feed

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to CylonRed

Re: [Auto] 2012 F1 season begins....

Well - what can be said for this race - it lived up to its hype quite frankly....

Alonso out by the 3rd turn - no way. Webber speared by Grojean (though Webber did seem to slow down quite a bit) at turn one - who da thunk? Perez overdrove a turns and went off. But then Koyashi on the PODIUM???? With MASSA - Sauber just behind Ferrari and ahead of McLaren...? say it ain't so... Something Japan really needed since the tsunami...

At least Schui did not take anyone out this race. Button and Hamilton certainly did redeem themselves from their really bad qualifying. And their crews had some serious fast stops...
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

bjf123
We Want... A Shrubbery
Premium
join:2000-02-11
Hamilton, OH
I wonder if this secures seats next year for Felipe and Kamui? They both drove great races. I'm not sure if Grosjean deserved the 10 second stop and go. Unfortunately, his tendency to be involved in Turn 1 "incidents" has him under the stewards' microscope.
--
Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
Well - according to Sauber - one race does not make Kamui's seat safe: »uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/podi···828.html

Massa - seems even Alonso says it would make sense for Massa to stay. But then who would replace either driver? Heiki would go to Ferrari in a heart beat. He is talented but probably slower than Alonso. Alonso's only fear I would think is if Ferrari really does get Vettel (after 2013) or a young guy who starts putting heat on him. At least with Massa, Alonso knows he is faster.

I would like to see the in car from Webber - while it did lok a good bit like a bozai move - gotta wonder if Webber really slowed down as Steve Machett mentioned on Speeds coverage.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

Pjr
Don't Panic

join:2005-12-11
UK

2 edits
reply to CylonRed
said by CylonRed:

(though Webber did seem to slow down quite a bit)

The only footage of the incident I can find is on the BBC; can you see the video in the US? »www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19861117

In the BBC article he admits he was concentrating on Perez and didn't notice the speed difference between himself and Webber:

While he kept out of trouble in Singapore, Grosjean was in the wars again in Japan as he battled with Sauber's Sergio Perez on the opening lap.

"After the ban in Spa, every start I am trying to be very, very, very careful. This was the case again today. I did not move my line. I stay[ed] where I was.

"Perez was on my left in Turn One. I was focusing on avoiding any contact with him. I didn't see the delta [difference in] speed with Mark in front. We touched."

Also on that page is a video of the eight crashes he's been involved in this year and to be fair two of them weren't his fault. Maldonado passed him then cut across in front of him on the exit of a corner in Australia and Paul di Resta did the exact same thing in the British GP.

There's a funny quote in one of the comments:

When he uses the race sym – he needs to turn off the ‘no-damage’ option...

I didn't think it was a great race but it had its moments. Vettel must be favourite for the championship; the Red Bull seems to be way ahead of everyone else now.
--
Overflow error in /dev/null