uniqs

trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH

trparky

Premium Member

Drive Imaging Software for Windows?

Does anyone have any suggestions on drive imaging software for Windows that has similar features to Acronis?

I've been using Acronis for some time now and it seems that it may be a hog on this machine of mine. It seems to be causing problems.
agent1191
join:2002-09-30
Harrisburg, PA

1 recommendation

agent1191

I used to use Acronis, but now use Macrium Reflect. It's free, and easier to use
HarryH3
Premium Member
join:2005-02-21

HarryH3 to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky
Macrium Reflect user here. I use the free version for most of my systems. But the paid version allows differential and incremental backups, along with a host of other features. I use the paid version on my main system so that it's backed up every night, without using a ridiculous amount of disk space.

I also have the server version running on several customers systems and have found it to be excellent.

CCat
We're all quite mad here
MVM
join:2005-12-06
Wonderland

CCat

MVM

+1 (Pro version)

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky
I use 3 different apps:L

Paragon HD manager[my favorite],EaseusTodo backup,and Macrium.

All work well.

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN

Dustyn to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky
Macrium Reflect Pro.
Tyreman
join:2002-10-08
Cambridge, ON

Tyreman to trparky

to trparky
If you have recently current acronis then uninstall it carefully and completely
then using the acronis boot cd, boot off it (f8 my board, select the optical drive),using mouse to Acronis top item on Acronis screen, let it load up click thru the settings and make an image that way
Note each time image done and on each recovery or any Acronis operation you have to load the Acronis boot cd, no biggie thou.
No services running in windows that way either.