MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to Packeteers

MVM,

to Packeteers

Re: [TWC] TWC New York Modem Activation

said by Packeteers:

so using a docsis3 modem gives you more bonded channels even if you are paying for a docsis2 speed service?

Yes. There aren't really DOCSIS2/DOCSIS3 tiers, TWC just labels them that way. You can have any speed tier on a DOCSIS3 modem and still reap the benefits of DOCSIS3.
said by Packeteers:

how did you even detect how many up/down channels they bonded to you? while using a download manager i once noticed i had 4 download channels into my docsis2 modem on standard 10/1 service, but i didn't think those had anything to do with my ISP service.

Opening the modem's internal webpage at »192.168.100.1 will show you all the channels currently bonded and signal levels for each. This interface isn't available on some TWC provided modems, but it is on all the SB6xxx (and earlier) modems.

Whatever you were seeing on the download manager is not showing channel bonding. It may have opened 4 separate connections - that's different. DOCSIS2 does not support multiple channels at the same time.
adrman
Premium Member
join:2007-08-23
New York, NY

adrman

Premium Member

said by Thinkdiff:

Opening the modem's internal webpage at »192.168.100.1 will show you all the channels currently bonded and signal levels for each. This interface isn't available on some TWC provided modems, but it is on all the SB6xxx (and earlier) modems.

Does anyone know the default password for the 6141? I've tried all the usual suspects and a search yields nothing.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

1 recommendation

swintec

Premium Member

said by adrman:

Does anyone know the default password for the 6141? I've tried all the usual suspects and a search yields nothing.

Password for what screens? The 6141 is just a modem and I have not found any areas that need a password.
adrman
Premium Member
New York, NY

adrman

Premium Member

said by swintec:

Password for what screens? The 6141 is just a modem and I have not found any areas that need a password.

The web configurator at 192.168.100.1

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by adrman:

said by swintec:

The web configurator at 192.168.100.1

Oh weird, i can get to all of the screens, status, signal, log, etc. I hope they are not rolling out a change to password this.
adrman
Premium Member
New York, NY

adrman

Premium Member

Yeah, I'm unable to. I just hit the login screen. I didn't even consider the possibility this could be TWC's doing. I'd be pretty upset at them locking me out of my own device if it was.