The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium Member
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

rfhar to mob

Premium Member

to mob

Re: LED lightbulbs

I am interested in how long they will last. I have some fixtures where CFL's only last about a year instead of the seven they advertise.
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym

Premium Member

said by rfhar:

I am interested in how long they will last. I have some fixtures where CFL's only last about a year instead of the seven they advertise.

A year? You're lucky. I've got some CFLs in a guest bathroom that may get turned on 6 times a year and that 4th time they get turned on, one always goes out.

I stocked up on a bunch of old school bulbs and am going back to them exclusively. If 100w equiv LED bulbs come down to a buck a bulb, then I'll switch.

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium Member
join:2002-12-03
United State

linicx

Premium Member

I would be looking at a different problem with the bathroom unless it is terribly cold. CFL where I live is not cold friendly. And since I have outside lights on all year all but one are CFL. The porch light that is rarely on is a standard 60 watt bulb. I also have a standard bulb in one reading light as I do not see well. I am CFL from basement to bedroom.

CFL is fine in summer. The problem in the winter is cold. A warm light that is turned off long enough to be cold will die on the next turn on unless it has been exposed to enough sunlight to warm it sufficiently. Where I live it is the exception rather than the rule.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to rfhar

to rfhar

I hate LEDs,they look aweful compared to traditional lighting!!

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

1 recommendation

SparkChaser

Premium Member

said by 19579823:

You can hardly tell the difference.

Maybe you mean a candle
mob (banned)
On the next level..
join:2000-10-07
San Jose, CA

mob (banned) to rfhar

to rfhar

Re: LED lightbulbs

said by rfhar:

So it's not just me! So far I have had 2 fail so far out of a pack of GE CFL bulbs I got at Sams Club in late 2011/early 2012.

cableties
Premium Member
join:2005-01-27

cableties to SparkChaser

Premium Member

to SparkChaser

Re:  

said by SparkChaser:

said by 19579823:

You can hardly tell the difference.

Maybe you mean a candle

Stop feeding it!