Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

lunanox315

join:2012-09-27
Martinsburg, WV

2 edits
reply to lunanox315

Re: 100kps Download Speed - Nothing Can Be Done?

I honestly don't know what we as consumers can do other than file complaints with regulatory bodies. I think I'm going to file one with the Public Service Commission of West Virginia. I don't know if it will help or not but we know Frontier is aware of it and nothing has changed yet. I already had to complain to the BBB about them last year because they tried charging me 7 bucks a month for renting a modem when I had bought my own (they tried to say it was a service/maintenance charge - even though the bill itself said modem rental and they knew I didn't have their modem.)

»www.psc.state.wv.us/complaints/default.htm

For those of us not gaming or don't care about a little latency, this seemed like a promising alternative:

»mashable.com/2012/09/27/dish-net···oadband/

Edit: Well crap...Apparently the Public Service Commission approved Frontier taking over after Verizon pulled out...

»www.fiercetelecom.com/story/fron···10-05-14

Ok, just found this one and had to laugh..
»www.broadband.wv.gov/news/Pages/···ion.aspx

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
These problems are common in our neck of the woods. Frontier really needs to bring in a management team that first off knows how to manage and second who have some technical understanding. Then they may be in a position to bring in some knowledgeable technical help.