BronsCon

join:2003-10-24
Walnut Creek, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast Business..
·SONIC.NET
reply to Count Zero

Re: [iPhone] Bigger Fail Than Maps ...

"The difference between plugging my phone into my stereo or using bluetooth" = line-out vs bluetooth

"plugging in a USB stick [typo corrected]" = plugging in a USB stick, not my phone

Thus the difference, and thus why playing the file directly and playing it over bluetooth sound the same. If you had read my whole post rather than stopping when you thought you had found a flaw in my testing, you'd have probably gotten that without me pointing it out. Can we resume intelligent discussion now?

Badonkadonk
Premium
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Dish Network
reply to skeechan
said by skeechan:

Proprietary is only good if it offers more FUNCTIONALITY. Micro USB isn't proprietary and I have no problem getting quality cables.

Meanwhile Apple-proprietary means great vendors like Hypermac getting sued even when they bought official Magsafe devices to cut the ends off for use in their battery products. So now you have to buy the battery and a stupid airline connector or do the soldering yourself.

The rest of that statement is silly. All made for iPod and no one else means is higher cost for those devices. If they have universal connectivity for Android and iPod it means they sell more and thanks to a little thing called economy of scale we get those goodies cheaper. I don't give a piss what Android users buy but the stuff I buy would be better without an Apple tax.

It's the "Instagram Phenomenon". I've never understood that attitude . . .
--
“The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." - Barack Obama, UN Speech 9/25/2012. Ever hear of the First Amendment, BO? Vote Romney/Ryan and take America back.
Expand your moderator at work

TheHarvester
Premium
join:2006-08-25
Dana Point, CA
kudos:3
reply to Count Zero

said by Count Zero:

Ok so you'd buy 3 ($60) and use them the next 5-10 years. The 30-pin cable wound up working out the same way (buy a few extra ones early and all future iDevices come with one so you wind up with extras in the long run). If that $60 is breaking your bank then you've got other problems.

No, $60.00 wouldn't break the bank and like I said, "if I were to buy an iphone 5". That won't happen so Apple can change the connector with every version for all I care.
--
mbsastronomy.com

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

1 recommendation

reply to Count Zero
said by Count Zero:

Again, show me a consumer device that actually plays FULL QUALITY audio over bluetooth.

»www.soundandvisionmag.com/blog/2···h-update

AptX devices.
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
join:2007-01-18
Winston Salem, NC
Yes I mentioned those a while ago - but they're not commonplace and his head unit doesn't support it, I checked that already.

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
Winston Salem, NC
reply to TheHarvester
So then, your point in posting here was what exactly?

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
reply to KrK

I have a new Nano coming next week (17th so sayith Amazon) and I wonder what audio profiles it will support. The site just says BT but doesn't say what actual profiles are supported. I'll upgrade to the newer LG headset if the new nano support aptx but if it's still A2DP I won't bother.

TheHarvester
Premium
join:2006-08-25
Dana Point, CA
kudos:3
reply to Count Zero
said by Count Zero:

So then, your point in posting here was what exactly?

Thinkdiff See Profile posted a link and claiming that even the microusb isn't standard on the galaxy SIII and you would need an adapter to use that phone as well. I simply pointed out that it was NOT the microusb connector and that it was the HDMI connector. SIII owners would need to buy an adapter ONLY if they wanted to connect their phone to an HD television and not to use the existing accessories they already bought for their earlier phone.

I simply pointed out a mistake by an Apple user and all hell breaks loss. Then you guys call me a cheap bastard with personal, mental or financial issues.
{shakes head}
--
mbsastronomy.com

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
Winston Salem, NC
reply to skeechan
I saw that OS X supports apt-X since 10.6.5 somewhere online, hopefully your Nano will too.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Count Zero

said by Count Zero:

I saw that OS X supports apt-X since 10.6.5 somewhere online, hopefully your Nano will too.

Does iOS support it? I have Creative BT speakers that have teh APTX codec, but it required an optional dongle...

It'd be nice if iOS supported it... Maybe iOS6 does?
--

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
Winston Salem, NC
No idea. I have two sets of bluetooth headphones and neither supports it and I'm 99.999% sure that neither of our cars support it either so I wouldn't have a way to test.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
reply to HiVolt
Everything I read says iOS6 does NOT support APT-X so I am not holding out much hope for the nano.

Homunculus
Pipsquack
Premium
join:2000-12-14
Dar al-Harb
reply to Rambo76098
said by Rambo76098:

Even more reason Apple should have gone with Micro USB like everyone else...

I honestly don't get it. The rest of the industry has standardized on Micro USB, yet Apple won't do it. Not trendy enough for them?

I hate the micro USB plug.

I remember when the original iPod came out... it used Firewire. People got mad. Then they switched to the 30 pin. People got mad. Now we have the Lightning adapter. People are mad.

But in the end, everyone gets over it.
--
“When fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag and waving a cross”

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4
said by Homunculus:

said by Rambo76098:

Even more reason Apple should have gone with Micro USB like everyone else...

I honestly don't get it. The rest of the industry has standardized on Micro USB, yet Apple won't do it. Not trendy enough for them?

I hate the micro USB plug.

I remember when the original iPod came out... it used Firewire. People got mad. Then they switched to the 30 pin. People got mad. Now we have the Lightning adapter. People are mad.

But in the end, everyone gets over it.

There are also millions more iOS devices now though so it is much more of an impact.
--
"So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? »www.venganza.org

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Homunculus
Is there a Lightning to 30 pin adapter? I think a lot of people who have both an iPad and iPhone were happy to be taking just 1 cable with them, and now with the iPhone 5, will need two cables.
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

drew
Radiant
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to Count Zero
said by Count Zero:

You should check out the Logitech keyboard - I easily type between 60-90wpm on it without lag.

No issues with the Apple BT keyboard on my iPad 1.
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by drew:

No issues with the Apple BT keyboard on my iPad 1.

I actually use a Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard with my iPad 1, no joke. It works perfectly, although I've had to "discover" which of the modifier keys (Control, Alt, etc.) had which function on iOS.

When it comes to input lag and other weirdness with the keyboard, I've found almost every time that it comes down to the app I'm using. QuickOffice, for example, is completely unusable with a BT keyboard on the iPad 1 due to massive input delay. DocumentsToGo, on the other hands, works great. The WordPress app used to get extremely laggy once you'd typed more than 3 or 4 paragraphs but I haven't had that problem with the latest version(s) of it.

I've done a fair amount of word processing on the iPad with this keyboard and it's mostly been quite acceptable.
--
"The counsel of fools is all the more dangerous the more of them there are." -Ólafr Höskuldsson