All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
engineerdan
join:2006-12-07
Washington, DC

engineerdan to grand total

to grand total

Re: DDoS Attacks, Is Any VoIPP Less Susceptable ?

said by grand total:

I tried to reroute calls to another SIP URI, but testing showed that the calls were not being forwarded. I don't think I was alone in that.

Without meaning to sound argumentative, you may wish to double check your initial findings.

Our effort to reroute calls for thirteen different DIDs under six different Callcentric accounts was ultimately 100% successful. However, it didn't work at first try.

Without successful SIP registrations, SIP traffic from Callcentric was initially being blocked by our firewall, as it had been programmed to do. Until we opened ports 5060 and 5080 to UDP traffic from Callcentric's IP addresses, initial testing of SIP URI forwarding failed. The calls were being forwarded by Callcentric but being rejected by our equipment.

Trimline
Premium Member
join:2004-10-24
Windermere, FL

Trimline

Premium Member

said by engineerdan:

said by grand total:

I tried to reroute calls to another SIP URI, but testing showed that the calls were not being forwarded. I don't think I was alone in that.

Without meaning to sound argumentative, you may wish to double check your initial findings.

Our effort to reroute calls for thirteen different DIDs under six different Callcentric accounts was ultimately 100% successful. However, it didn't work at first try.

Without successful SIP registrations, SIP traffic from Callcentric was initially being blocked by our firewall, as it had been programmed to do. Until we opened ports 5060 and 5080 to UDP traffic from Callcentric's IP addresses, initial testing of SIP URI forwarding failed. The calls were being forwarded by Callcentric but being rejected by our equipment.

SIP URI forwarding worked yesterday, but is not today for me. The one call that did make it through had no audio, otherwise, dead air is heard on SIP forwarded calls. Sigh.
grand total
join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
·Fido
MikroTik RB750Gr3
MikroTik wAP AC
Panasonic KX-TGP500

grand total to engineerdan

to engineerdan
said by engineerdan:

said by grand total:

No problem. I forwarded to another SIP server with an open port 5010 (Anveo). Calls were not being forwarded.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k

Premium Member

said by grand total:

said by engineerdan:

said by grand total:

No problem. I forwarded to another SIP server with an open port 5010 (Anveo). Calls were not being forwarded.

That was exactly what I was hoping to try last night (sip forward to Anveo) but went to bed, instead. I guess it wouldn't have been successful, then.

Trimline
Premium Member
join:2004-10-24
Windermere, FL

Trimline to grand total

Premium Member

to grand total
said by grand total:

said by engineerdan:

said by grand total:

Try forwarding to a DID directly. I just tried, and it seemed to work. Let us know your results.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k

Premium Member

As of last night that didn't work for me. My next step would have been to try SIP forwarding, but per grand total's experience, there was no guarantee that would work, either.
engineerdan
join:2006-12-07
Washington, DC

engineerdan to grand total

to grand total
said by grand total:

Callcentric's FAQ (here and pasted below for your reference) indicates that the recipient of the SIP URI forward needs to permit traffic on ports 5060-5080, not just 5010. Might that have something to do with it?

NOTE: In general ports 5060-5080 should be allowed in order to properly communicate with the Callcentric servers. Users experiencing audio issues may want to check that RTP audio is not blocked by their firewall configuration.

grand total
join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
·Fido
MikroTik RB750Gr3
MikroTik wAP AC
Panasonic KX-TGP500

grand total

said by engineerdan:

Callcentric's FAQ (here and pasted below for your reference) indicates that the recipient of the SIP URI forward needs to permit traffic on ports 5060-5080, not just 5010. Might that have something to do with it?

NOTE: In general ports 5060-5080 should be allowed in order to properly communicate with the Callcentric servers. Users experiencing audio issues may want to check that RTP audio is not blocked by their firewall configuration.

Callcentric does not care what port I forward to, but that port should be expecting SIP traffic. In Anveo's case port 5010 definitely is open and expecting SIP traffic.

You seem unable to accept that SIP URI forwarding did not work, but I can assure you it did not. (I have not tried today, and won't until all this mess is fixed).