Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2

1 recommendation

Posted above

»Re: Adobe Flash Player 11.4.402.287
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17

Probably not a bad thing having a dupe of a bulletin in the same thread as Adobe seems to have been lacking these of late.

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch

True. This release actually seems to have fixed something--for a few weeks anyway.
--

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto
reply to StuartMW

Fracking great !! Now I'm going to have users beckoning me to install this sh*t because they don't have admin rights (sigh).
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7
reply to StuartMW

I was always skeptical of this bit of fluff since they stuffed the turkey with it

Ubiquitous deployment via the Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
The JavaFX Runtime is installed with the Java Runtime Environment, ensuring its availability on more than 97% of enterprise desktops worldwide (Forrester, November 2009: Enterprise Platform Trends, H1 2009)
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_virtual_machine

and now we have adobe wanting us also to jump again...if its not one group its the other.
--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch

Well I'm sure Sun will release a new version of Java any day now. We'll then be able to use it until a 0-day exploit is announced a few days later.
--

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch
reply to Name Game

said by Name Game:

..if its not one group its the other.

Yup. I think they confuse "sandbox" with sand castle.

»footage.shutterstock.com/clip-13···ach.html
--

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 recommendation

reply to therube

said by therube:

"...These updates resolve buffer overflow vulnerabilities that could lead to code execution
..."

»www.adobe.com/support/security/b···-22.html

So... 15 years into Flash releases, and buffer overflows are still being uncovered in released code? I wonder if anybody's vetting their new-version code for overflows... other than users-in-the-field, of course.
--
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!" -- P.Henry, 1775

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch

1 recommendation

said by Blackbird:

I wonder if anybody's vetting their new-version code for overflows...

You answered your own question

quote:
other than users-in-the-field, of course.

World's longest beta...
--

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17

1 recommendation

reply to StuartMW

Or until the next Patch Tuesday, whichever comes first.

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
reply to StuartMW

Thanks Stuart.

Pentangle
With our thoughts we make the world.
Premium
join:2006-06-01
Vancouver BC
reply to StuartMW

Installed. Thanks StuartMW See Profile.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
reply to Boricua

said by Boricua:

Fracking great !! Now I'm going to have users beckoning me to install this sh*t because they don't have admin rights (sigh).

Yup.
Flash is a platform that is continually exploited as it's so aparently easy to exploit.
There will be no end to these security updates. You either go along with the ride in updating ceaselessly...(similar to Oracle Java) or abandon ship.
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to StuartMW

I downloaded both exe's from your link which is the one I always use.

I have a new Fx 10 ESR profile and downloaded on it. Windows promptly blocked both files from being installed. I didn't realize that Mozilla NEVER, since the introduction of the stupid thing in Fx 3.5, has fixed this bug! The files are blocked because on the new profile I did not have the proper user created filters in about:config that stop this stupidity. I am really surprised at Mozilla for never fixing this bug. I only used Fx 3 a little and did the fix mentioned in the bug on it. Then I made Opera default for two years and it doesn't do IE zones on its downloads or double scanning by your antivirus program like Fx still does at ver 10 unless you add the proper filters to stop the behavior. My other two profiles are from Fx 1.5, 2 and 3 and carried over to Fx 10 so they all have the added filters from several years ago.

»bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=499448

So, I had that stupid problem. I got that fixed but then I have another problem with the files. Evidently, IE 8 is missing some Intermediate certs so I am getting a warning that the Versign cert cannot be validated due to Windows not having enough information. I don't know how to add the missing certs using Microsoft download site for the certificate store latest update because that requires WGA and on principle I don't allow WGA on my computers. So, I guess I have to just trust those files are ok. UGH.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Libra
Premium
join:2003-08-06
USA
kudos:1
reply to StuartMW

Thank you StuartMW. I was reading your thread about Patch Tuesday and this flash update was mentioned. I've just downloaded it.

Sincerely, Libra