Also enough switcharoo to make the cop go crazy

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4
reply to Goggalor

We had a kind of unwritten order of events. Protections take precedence. Then blocks. The kills. Then switches. Then investigations.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to Goggalor

said by Goggalor:

said by Jobbie:

Thanks guys, the goal of the Possessor role was to make town avoid going to night at all costs and make them talk as much as it was possible the role was OP so I gave Arch a bomb role and the doc had a revive to balance it out.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd you took away my shot.

Yeah the GF had a shot that I took away early on.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Kristopher

said by Kristopher:

We had a kind of unwritten order of events. Protections take precedence. Then blocks. The kills. Then switches. Then investigations.

I went for the switches first it made the most sense to me. That is good to know.
--

Brom
Let's go Bucs

join:2010-10-26
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to Jobbie

I told Jobbie this already, but I really liked having to hide that I was the Lie Detector.

Thanks for hosting Jobbie, great game!

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2
reply to Jobbie

said by Jobbie:

said by Kristopher:

I went for the switches first it made the most sense to me. That is good to know.

Very. I'm almost tempted to mod a game, but still feel too new to feel comfortable doing it.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

Good game guys, town was very lucky with the possessor dying early in the game, Arch was kind off the way to balance it out.
--

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to Goggalor

said by Goggalor:

said by Jobbie:

said by Kristopher:

Very. I'm almost tempted to mod a game, but still feel too new to feel comfortable doing it.

Do it. The only way to do it is to practice. I'll sit out of your first game so I can help.
--

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Bellevue, NE
reply to Goggalor

Go for it! Start with a C9/F11 to get the feel for it. Modding a CG can get insane, especially when you start getting roles impacting other roles. I can't get mad at jobbie for messing up my block. There was stuff flying all over the place.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine

said by ProtusMose:

I can't get mad at jobbie for messing up my block. There was stuff flying all over the place.

I sure as hell can.

BAD JOBBIE IS BAD!

But GG and thanks for the game, Jobbie. It was fun watching and guessing.

Also, Gogg, start with a C9/F11. It's easy stuff. And if you want to run something crazier after, I can help by co-midding.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

We do need more people willing to mod games, now that Arch and I unofficially retired.
--

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine

said by Kristopher:

We do need more people willing to mod games, now that Arch and I unofficially retired.

Shut up and go run a new game after Gogg.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Kristopher

said by Kristopher:

I know you guys are very creative, so you can do the setup of game and I can mod/run it.

Will start working on Starcraft second game.
--

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

Man we were behind the 8-ball the entire time. Jim dying after trying to possess a KrisT lynched it. The only thing I would have done differently was told Jim his possession failed and let him try again the next night.

From there on out, with cops, docs, and lie detectors, we were screwed.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

If I wasn't forced to focus Gogg and vice versa, I think my power would have killed Jim. I copied his power and used it on him. Maybe it would have killed me, actually. Tough game to mod with all that shit going on. Good job Jobbie.
--

Jim
Premium
join:2003-02-10
underabridge
reply to Jobbie

I'm hesitant to bring this up, but I figured I'd at least mention it.
The possessor role kind of sucks. I tried to stay motivated after learning about my change in alliance, but I knew the game was over for me when I fulfilled my destiny. After all, for the good of the team, suicide (is painless) was the way to go.
--
Be an organ donor. You aren't going to need it.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

Honest feedback is important so we can continue to make these games fun. I am also not a fan of the possessor role, but it was interesting to see how it played out in a game. Too overpowered, and reduced players at too high a rate coupled with the night kill.
--

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
reply to Jim

said by Jim:

I'm hesitant to bring this up, but I figured I'd at least mention it.
The possessor role kind of sucks. I tried to stay motivated after learning about my change in alliance, but I knew the game was over for me when I fulfilled my destiny. After all, for the good of the team, suicide (is painless) was the way to go.

It is constructive feedback, Jim. Jobbie tried something new, that was quite effective, but deemed slightly too powerful and unfun for those that had the role (block also seemed to feel like you do, but I will let him comment about that). My hat's off to Jobbie for keeping everything as straight as he could.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Kristopher

said by Kristopher:

If I wasn't forced to focus Gogg and vice versa, I think my power would have killed Jim. I copied his power and used it on him. Maybe it would have killed me, actually. Tough game to mod with all that shit going on. Good job Jobbie.

Yeah that's tough luck. It's hard to do a game with no vanilla roles, Jobbie did a great job!
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to Jim

Stuff like that should be mentioned.

I felt bad for whoever would get the mime role in my last game. On one hand, it seemed like fun and original, on the other hand, it seemed like it might annoy the hell out of the player... but the only way to know is to actually make it and see the reaction. I think I sent Kristopher several apologies afterwards when he got killed, even if he said he had fun... then again, I am Canadian...

And I did feel kind of bad for the people ending up possessed after I first saw it, and it wasn't even me!

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to Kristopher

said by Kristopher:

Honest feedback is important so we can continue to make these games fun. I am also not a fan of the possessor role, but it was interesting to see how it played out in a game. Too overpowered, and reduced players at too high a rate coupled with the night kill.

Is it overpowered when they still lost?

Jobbie balanced the game out by giving town some extra help.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

You can't really blame a win/loss on a single game considering the RNG. We lost pretty badly (6-1 I think) and I was screwed but tried to role-claim best I could (the snatcher and RB are different, right?), but I think mafia might have had more of a chance of if they kept the vig shot...
--

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!

said by Krisnatharok:

but I think mafia might have had more of a chance of if they kept the vig shot...

^ This.

With the vig shot, I would have probably shot KrisN (sorry, KrisN) and claimed Vig that way, while keeping up with the night kills and staying anonymous to cop investigations. But, oh well, it didn't happen, so it was still a fun game.
--
From Psychonauts -
--

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
reply to Krisnatharok

Necromancer.

Never forget.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Goggalor

Thanks for the comments guys, I will take this into account for next games. The vig shot was a though call because the possesor role was giving the town 2 kills a night already which could have gone out of hand real quick.

And the inclusion of the possessor role was based on the previous game where we voted to night without thinking about it, now with the role in place people was at least trying to get people to talk before accepting that they could be the next to be turned to the dark side.
--

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

I think the RNG completely worked in the town's favor. I don't think we ever had a double-death all game.

That means town was successful in blocking at least 50% of the kills, at least for the first two nights. Even later, we had several successful protections.

It would be interesting to see a game with mafia starting with two possessors and with a night kill ability that isn't activated until both possessors are stopped. Think of it as stages in a boss fight.
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

Exactly it was all about the RNG I prefered to go to the safe side the higher the number of townied the lower the chance to get a good protection which actually happened this game.
--

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
join:2006-10-19
USA
kudos:1

They should have just made me the jester lol

My inactivity was a mix of actual inactivity and trying to post as little as possible to avoid the word bomber. I hate that role.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

"role"

BOOM

DrModem has been slain.

Antonica
Premium
join:2002-09-02
reply to Goggalor

said by Goggalor:

Oh well, we did what we could. We just got really unlucky with that Dr. Modem switch up. If not for that, we would probably have won this game. Additionally, I need to stop being nice to non-actives, more of them should have been lynched, like Modem or Teemo or Ant... it just made the game draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

Hahha. That's so awesome that you just said next time I need to make sure I focus and go after 3 townies. What an awesome play style (for mafia :P). If I ever play another game, you'll get my first vote.

I didn't finish reading the rest of the game, I'll try and get to it today.... but gg :P. Also big F U to everyone who said if KrisN was mafia, I have to be too. I'm glad there was not another mafia becuase they would have had 2 free kills. Kill night after KrisN was lynched, and my killed, and another night kill the next night since I wasn't mafia.
--
»Re: [game] Crazy Game - The Resurrection - Day 2
Corrupt Politician - tmodelt
You may privately message the rest of the mafia: ekster, Rook008 & Kristopher. You win with the mafia.