Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to ekster

Re: [game] Crazy Game - The Battle for Demacia

said by ekster:

I don't think you can say anything has precedence over anything.

It's circular.

Blocks can't have precedence over switches because if switcher switches player A and B, and blocker switcher, then switcher is blocked and cannot switch (which is fine.) But if the blocker blocks player A, and it takes precedence to the switcher, then player A remains blocked (not fine!)

It should be more of finding the unaffected players, perform their actions first, and from there, deal with the rest. Precedence should never be set in stone.

I think that's Apples and Oranges.

Scenario 1:
Action: Blocker blocks Switcher
Net effect: Switcher can't switch and no one else is modifying Switcher so no one is switched.

Scenario 2:
Action: Blocker blocks player A
Action: Switcher swaps Player A and Player B
Net effect: Blocker blocks Player B.

We're discussing precedence of actions occurring to the same person. In which case swap > kill = block > investigation; save > kill

Why kill = block? They aren't mutually exclusive events. You can be both blocked and killed and each action doesn't affect the other.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to ekster

Oh well, that just brought end to the possessor role in my book maybe it should have changed to let town stay in fear from the role.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2
reply to Antonica

said by Antonica:

You do realize, even being drug out (which EVERY game does at some point, some more than others).... those 3 people were town? If you would have pushed for them, even being inactive, you would have hurt the town and could have lost the game?

The point of the game is to win, not to make it go fast. If you want a fast game (and believe me, I was the only mod who would do timed games because I hated how long they took :P), then you can ask for someone to host a timed game or host one yourself to try it out.

Well, the point for me this game was to hurt the town, though.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2
reply to Jobbie

said by Jobbie:

Oh well, that just brought end to the possessor role in my book maybe it should have changed to let town stay in fear from the role.

Or just make it a one-time only ability. I think it has its uses.

Antonica
Premium
join:2002-09-02
reply to Jobbie

said by Jobbie:

yeah... flavor should never elude to anything game related...

I know arch before has almost done things like that, but it was 100% pure flavor and even as a mod he had to come in the game and post that the flavor was just that, flavor. No hints etc should be in flavor.
--
»Re: [game] Crazy Game - The Resurrection - Day 2
Corrupt Politician - tmodelt
You may privately message the rest of the mafia: ekster, Rook008 & Kristopher. You win with the mafia.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Goggalor

said by Goggalor:

said by Jobbie:

Or just make it a one-time only ability. I think it has its uses.

There are other kinds of possesor in the roles like the Masons used as a third party "faction" that possess a townie and die if they try to posess mafia.

It is pretty cool..
--

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

Oh and Snatcher and Roleblocker ARE DIFFERENT ROLES!!!!!!!!!

Roleblocker specifies a night time ability, and snatcher does not specify a time, which implies that the mod could make it a daytime or entire cycle (1 night, 1 day) role as well, such as preventing the person from voting or being lynched.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4
reply to Antonica

said by Antonica:

yeah... flavor should never elude to anything game related...

allude

Escape Goat

--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Krisnatharok

said by Krisnatharok:

They are not. The snatcher is a town roleblocker.
--

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to Krisnatharok

I laughed so hard at Portus Dwight picure. But I would consider the snatcher a roleblocker. Why have both on town side in the same game?
--

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine

said by Kristopher:

I laughed so hard at Portus Dwight picure. But I would consider the snatcher a roleblocker. Why have both on town side in the same game?

To fuck with the townies.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to ekster

said by ekster:

I think they mean about the part where it was hinted that Jim died because he tried to possess Kristopher. It kind of made things a bit easier instead of guessing why he was killed.

Yeah I agree and I will adjust for future games, still it was not game changer in my opinion.
--

Antonica
Premium
reply to Jobbie

said by Jobbie:

said by Krisnatharok:

They are not. The snatcher is a town roleblocker.

Actually that just proves KrisN right. One is a town role, one is a mafia role :P.

Yes both are BLOCKERS. but One is town, and one is Mafia :P.
--
»Re: [game] Crazy Game - The Resurrection - Day 2
Corrupt Politician - tmodelt
You may privately message the rest of the mafia: ekster, Rook008 & Kristopher. You win with the mafia.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Kristopher

You guys fail at attention to detail.

Notice both of these are separate entries under "Town-aligned roles":

Roleblocker/Saboteur - You may choose to block someone at night, preventing them from making a night choice.

Snatcher - Captures a player and blocks them from performing any actions. If the snatched player is targeted, there is a 50% chance that the Snatcher is hit instead.

Not only is the snatcher risking himself when he blocks someone, but he is not limited to acting at night. IE a snatched player is lynched, the snatcher has a 50% chance of dying.
--

Antonica
Premium
reply to Kristopher

f u. Not my fault dslreports doesn't spell check :P

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Antonica

said by Krisnatharok:

Notice both of these are separate entries under "Town-aligned roles":

Mafia have their own roleblocker--it's actually entered twice under Mafia-aligned roles:

Roleblocker - May block one players action each night. Works within the mafia.
Mafia Roleblocker - You may choose to block someone at night, preventing them from making a night action.
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

Both of you are going in circles, both roles are about blocking somebody to make an action meaning roleblocker.
--

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3

All that stuff is nonsense anyway. Mod makes whatever roles he wants in a CG, so it's moot on what the list says. It's all for reference only.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

Exactly

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to ekster

said by ekster:

All that stuff is nonsense anyway. Mod makes whatever roles he wants in a CG, so it's moot on what the list says. It's all for reference only.

Exactly. Town won for the wrong reason ("there CAN'T be two blockers!").

Ima mod a game and punish people for that.
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

said by Krisnatharok:

Exactly. Town won for the wrong reason ("there CAN'T be two blockers!").

What? Its a crazy game everything is allowed.

EVERYTHING!
--

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to Antonica

said by Antonica:

f u. Not my fault dslreports doesn't spell check :P

Well, they are both words, but different meanings.

Elude - Antonica eluded Garen by going stealth with Teemo in the bush.

Allude - Antonica alluded to the fact that Garen was gay, since he was seen polishing someone elses sword.

Escape Goat - Man, that shit was funny.
--

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to Krisnatharok

Occam's Razor man. Mafia or Town, I would have lynched you for it.
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to Jobbie

I think it's about time I host another Crazy Game and show you how to take crazy to the limit.

Remember my all-mafia game? How long did it take until people caught on? I'd say about 75% of the players didn't know until I after their team lost or until after the game ended.

The goal of my Crazy Games are to utterly mess with your head.

I should start one soon.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

Yeah, this one wasn't enough of a mind trip, and I'm a little pissed that town was able to lynch the last mafia on an incorrect assumption and win.

Crazy should mean CRAZY. Not "mass role claim and logic it out." This ain't dethy.

/k-rage off
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Archivis

said by Archivis:

I think it's about time I host another Crazy Game and show you how to take crazy to the limit.

Remember my all-mafia game? How long did it take until people caught on? I'd say about 75% of the players didn't know until I after their team lost or until after the game ended.

The goal of my Crazy Games are to utterly mess with your head.

I should start one soon.

I always learn from all of you, I really like modding games so all this input is great.

DO EEEEET!
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to Krisnatharok

I disagree with your assumption about the town's assumption. You're too busy looking up the dictionary terms on the roleblocker, but we've been known to ignore role names and look directly at what the role does.

You claimed Town Roleblocker. What was different about your role, other than the name, than what ekster was? Forget about the language and look at the function.

That's why you were lynched.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

said by Archivis:

I disagree with your assumption about the town's assumption. You're too busy looking up the dictionary terms on the roleblocker, but we've been known to ignore role names and look directly at what the role does.

You claimed Town Roleblocker. What was different about your role, other than the name, than what ekster was? Forget about the language and look at the function.

That's why you were lynched.

100% agree with this.
--