how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ponline

join:2004-03-04
presheva

802.11ac

New standard ... i searched the forum but it was not much (maybe never) discussed here. Obviously because until now there are only few indoor bulky routers released, and too big to adapt them for outdoors. The manufacturers of outdoor equipment are waiting for wireless cards to be released.

The standard says 80mhz-160mhz channels, up to 256-QAM modulation , and on-chip beamforming, then why is no one exited for this new standard.

Even though 80-160mhz channel would seem a very bad for us Service Providers, but when you do the math, its still more bandwidth per mhz than with current 802.11n. And it will use less air time for transmitting the same bandwidth compared to previous standards.
The biggest problem is there will be fever channels to play with in 5Ghz, and more people will start placing their APs .

We like it or not, when Ubiquiti (and others) will make the CPE's everyoe will use them, so we have to join them, will that be good or bad for us?

viperm
Carpe Diem
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Winchester, CA

Ruckus is coming out with their AC gear soon if not already as their website implies..

»www.theruckusroom.net/2012/01/80···dth.html

»www.ruckuswireless.com/products/···/7762-ac

»www.ruckuswireless.com/on-wireless
--
»www.accelwireless.com
ComTrain Certified Tower Climber.
Wireless and IT consultant.
Proficient in Mikrotik

ponline

presheva

2 edits
reply to ponline

Ruckus already has some adaptive technology and beamforming that works with the current 802.11n clients and I read a very good review even though its 3 years old:
»www.tomshardware.com/reviews/bea···0-6.html

The outdoor versions are dual band they have antenna beamforming on 2.4ghz and external N connectors to attach antennas for 5ghz band. they are more likely created for mesh networks with 2.4 connecting clients and 5ghz for backhaul.

edit:
Zoneflex 7762-AC is a 802.11n.
After hearing that ruckus video and their document, they are not so excited about 802.11ac for enterprise usage because of occupying too much bandwidth.

raytaylor

join:2009-07-28
kudos:1
reply to ponline

the N 3x chain antennas are harder to achieve on longer links - i believe it works over shorter links that rely partially on bounced signals causing slight timing differences that it uses to calculate the data coming in at each end.

So having a vertical and horizontal dual chain antenna is much better. Beamforming will have a big benefit over this but i am not sure if it can be combined with more than one chain.

I also hear ac is going to use something like 24ghz according to a recent article i read on theregister.com with fallback to 5ghz
This pleases me as it will mean its a short distance contained signal.

If we could drop it down to a 20mhz wide channel width then i would be very happy.

viperm
Carpe Diem
Premium
Winchester, CA
reply to ponline

They have built in 5 ghz antenna array as well no need for the external unless your doing mesh in 360* or clients in 360* on 5Ghz.

We use them all the time for client IPAD devices using 5Ghz I like having the sector as it lessons the noise problems of using an omni.

ponline

presheva

what is the outdoor model that has 5ghz sector array?there are a lot similar but some are slightly different.

viperm
Carpe Diem
Premium
Winchester, CA

7762-s is what we use all the time...