spc
uniqs
speedxdesign
join:2010-02-25
Alexandria, MN

speedxdesign to 88615298

to 88615298

Re: [HSI] Users may experience slower connection speeds if torre

Yes. I want the ability to clear my name if I am not doing anything wrong. Even in a perfect system, there are false accusations. This seems like a punishment without any recourse or ability to prove otherwise.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by speedxdesign:

Yes. I want the ability to clear my name if I am not doing anything wrong. Even in a perfect system, there are false accusations. This seems like a punishment without any recourse or ability to prove otherwise.

There is ZERO way you get falsely accused 6 times

Also you seriously want to clog up our already clogged up court system with petty shit?

crohakon1
@charter.com

crohakon1

Anon

CharterTech has posted here several times with his unregistered account (anon) with details that are not true about Charter services. My suggestion would be to contact the real employees in the Charter Direct forums to confirm this information before rolling with it.
speedxdesign
Alexandria, MN

speedxdesign to 88615298

to 88615298
Looks like 1, 2 and 3 offenses to me not 6. Yes, I do not want Charter to act as a judge or jury in any civil matter. I want them to use the proper process to the prove it. If they are unwilling, do they even have a case other than "we think this IP is stealing from us"?

Does that mean Charter is allowing only certain companies to use this process or can anyone send a DMCA complaint? I have a couple neighbors I don't like, maybe I can have Charter throttle their bandwidth.

Reeks of privacy. Follow the proper civil process or lose customers.
88615298 (banned)
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by speedxdesign:

Looks like 1, 2 and 3 offenses to me not 6.

yes that's why it's called SIX strikes because you only get 3.

Yes, I do not want Charter to act as a judge or jury in any civil matter. I want them to use the proper process to the prove it. If they are unwilling, do they even have a case other than "we think this IP is stealing from us"?

No one is acting as judge an jury. I guess if your caught speeding and you get a ticket the cop is acting as "judge and jury" using your logic. One again is not worth wasting the courts time and resources to determine if your first strike or 2nd strike is "legit". NO ONE and I mean NO ONE will EVER be wrongly accused 6 times and get their internet cut off.

Do you even know what this law entails? The fact is this law CAN NOT be used to kick you off the internet. It doesn't matter how many strikes you get. Now can an ISP kick you off the internet if they think you are infringing? Sure, but they have that ability NOW. And have had it for years. And they don't need 6 strikes to do it either. It's called your TOS.

France has a 3 strikes law. It's been in place for 3 years. Here are the results.

1 million 1st strike letters
90,000 2nd strike letters
314 3rd strike letters.
ZERO people kicked off the internet
ONE person fined for infringing.
speedxdesign
Alexandria, MN

speedxdesign

He mentioned 3 strikes not 6. Whether he was legit or not, he was talking about the first 3 strikes and their penalties.

You can take any ticket you get by the police to court to defend yourself if you feel you were wronged. Often, doing so gets it thrown out because the officer doesn't make it to court.

I never said anything about getting kicked off the internet. I simply want a way to prove my innocence if a company feels I am doing something wrong BEFORE action is taken. I do not want Charter, or any internet company playing that role in a civil matter.

This isn't France, thankfully.

You sure take things personally around here. lmao.
wingrider01
join:2006-07-25
Saint Louis, MO

wingrider01 to 88615298

to 88615298
said by 88615298:

said by speedxdesign:

Looks like 1, 2 and 3 offenses to me not 6.

yes that's why it's called SIX strikes because you only get 3.

Yes, I do not want Charter to act as a judge or jury in any civil matter. I want them to use the proper process to the prove it. If they are unwilling, do they even have a case other than "we think this IP is stealing from us"?

No one is acting as judge an jury. I guess if your caught speeding and you get a ticket the cop is acting as "judge and jury" using your logic. One again is not worth wasting the courts time and resources to determine if your first strike or 2nd strike is "legit". NO ONE and I mean NO ONE will EVER be wrongly accused 6 times and get their internet cut off.

Do you even know what this law entails? The fact is this law CAN NOT be used to kick you off the internet. It doesn't matter how many strikes you get. Now can an ISP kick you off the internet if they think you are infringing? Sure, but they have that ability NOW. And have had it for years. And they don't need 6 strikes to do it either. It's called your TOS.

France has a 3 strikes law. It's been in place for 3 years. Here are the results.

1 million 1st strike letters
90,000 2nd strike letters
314 3rd strike letters.
ZERO people kicked off the internet
ONE person fined for infringing.

from the original message - "Just as the subject says staring next Monday we will slow your connection speed down if we monitor and notice you downloading copy right materials from torrents."

Broken down

"If we monitor" = they are acting as the investigative arm

"notice you downloading copy right materials from torrents" = they are acting as judge and jury at this point

"we will slow your connection speed down: = they are now the executioner

As to your speeding comparision - speed cameras, think about it

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100
(Software) Asuswrt-Merlin

Packeteers

Premium Member

FYI about France - I read somewhere official that they ONLY went after copywriter infringement of France originating content such as French films, French music and books, not even foreign films with French voice dubs - pretty much anything that might take copyrite value away from other French people. So if they caught you seeding all English "Sex in the City, they could care less, and the official would probably just ask for a copy for his own wife.
88615298 (banned)
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to speedxdesign

to speedxdesign
said by speedxdesign:

I never said anything about getting kicked off the internet. I simply want a way to prove my innocence if a company feels I am doing something wrong BEFORE action is taken. I do not want Charter, or any internet company playing that role in a civil matter.

No action is taken before the 6th strike if any. Also there are things that you can do if you want to challenge a strike. And in the end if you don't like the rules Charter works under go elsewhere.

This isn't France, thankfully.

Apparently you failed to get the point where only 1 in 3200 of those that got 1 strike got a 3rd strike. I wonder how many would have gotten a 6th strike? You also failed to get the point where not one single person has gotten kicked of the internet. And only 1 person has gotten a fine. That person ADMITTED by the way he illegally downloaded.

You sure take things personally around here. lmao.

says the guy acting all defensive.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to crohakon1

Premium Member

to crohakon1
said by crohakon1 :

CharterTech has posted here several times with his unregistered account (anon) with details that are not true about Charter services. My suggestion would be to contact the real employees in the Charter Direct forums to confirm this information before rolling with it.

You can post with ANY name, when posting as anon!

Edit:
Guess you can't. At least not with that name, or not at the moment.
kruser
Premium Member
join:2002-06-01
Eastern MO

kruser

Premium Member

said by cork1958:

said by crohakon1 :

You can post with ANY name, when posting as anon!

Edit:
Guess you can't. At least not with that name, or not at the moment.

That user actually has an account. Just not a "premium" account.

Truly Anon users do not show a "join" date.

Anon users cannot post with an existing username and I think there is a time limit before an anon name is allowed to be used again after it has been used.
For the poster in question, even an Anon user could never use that name as it is a basic member account.
Truly Anon users messages will also show the ISP info of the connection they are using to post from after the "Loc:" line where those with accounts, Basic or Premium, will show the users location they set in their profile or it will show nothing if they did not enter anything in their profile.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to 88615298

MVM

to 88615298
said by 88615298:

There is ZERO way you get falsely accused 6 times

Just as there is zero way for twice six times of erroneous billing.

Also you seriously want to clog up our already clogged up court system with petty shit?

I'd rather that than allow some third party accuser to make uncontested complaints when they have no incentive to get it right.
NormanS

NormanS to 88615298

MVM

to 88615298
said by 88615298:

I guess if your caught speeding and you get a ticket the cop is acting as "judge and jury" using your logic.

No. By his logic, he should have the right to have his "strikes" presented to a judge.

A speeding ticket is just a summons to appear in court. "Six Strikes" is summary judgment, without a chance to appear in court.