Antenna connection to 4620L Hotspot
1. Is the little tab to the left of the green activity light the cover for the antenna port? Its not mentioned in the manual.
2. I was thinking about getting a mobile antenna for my RV for when service is weak. Does the antenna they sell on Millenicom for $49 work with the 2460L? Does it help in weak areas and when it says it has ground plane built in does that mean I can just set it on a table top or some such non metallic surface?
3. Can you tell I'm an antenna newbie.?
edit: corrected title to 4620L
THX for any help.
Re: Antenna connection to 2460L Hotspot
1 )what carrier uses the 2460 ? sure you do not mean 4620
2)The Millenicom antenna must be on at least an 8 inch by 8 inch metal ground plane for proper operation
1. Sorry about the confusion. I have the 4620L Verizon hotspot modem. (I had all the numbers, just in the wrong order.... crap)
2. OK. So I need a metal plate... rats! On an aside, what do they mean when they say an antenna has a "Ground Plane Built In"?
Ground plane can be anything from a used circular saw blade , a filing cabinet , fridge , baking sheet , big can of peanuts etc.