Don't Panic
join:2005-12-11
UK

2 edits

Pjr to CylonRed

to CylonRed

Re: [Auto] 2012 F1 season begins....

said by CylonRed:

(though Webber did seem to slow down quite a bit)

The only footage of the incident I can find is on the BBC; can you see the video in the US? »www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/fo ··· 19861117

In the BBC article he admits he was concentrating on Perez and didn't notice the speed difference between himself and Webber:

While he kept out of trouble in Singapore, Grosjean was in the wars again in Japan as he battled with Sauber's Sergio Perez on the opening lap.

"After the ban in Spa, every start I am trying to be very, very, very careful. This was the case again today. I did not move my line. I stay[ed] where I was.

"Perez was on my left in Turn One. I was focusing on avoiding any contact with him. I didn't see the delta [difference in] speed with Mark in front. We touched."

Also on that page is a video of the eight crashes he's been involved in this year and to be fair two of them weren't his fault. Maldonado passed him then cut across in front of him on the exit of a corner in Australia and Paul di Resta did the exact same thing in the British GP.

There's a funny quote in one of the comments:

When he uses the race sym – he needs to turn off the ‘no-damage’ option...

I didn't think it was a great race but it had its moments. Vettel must be favourite for the championship; the Red Bull seems to be way ahead of everyone else now.