uniqs
share rss forum feed

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
kudos:2
reply to DougHo

Re: [Internet] Internet Speed Upgrades?

said by DougHo:

It seems like they are still tweaking the faster than tier speeds. My Lightning (40/5 tier) using Motorola had been steady 47 and 6, now it is slightly under 46 and slightly over 6.

Wow it must be a CFL thing. My Lighting only get's 35-41Mbps Download and 4.5-5.01Mbps Upload. I Sure hope My Node get's Updated Soon.

shortyd999

join:2008-10-21
Birmingham, AL

1 edit
reply to xendrome
I'm on the 20/2 plan and here are my results

RollTide14

join:2012-01-30
Wetumpka, AL
reply to xendrome
I'm on the RR Standard for my area (7) and just got an email telling me all Standard customers are getting a free upgrade to 10 meg service. Thanks Brighthouse! I guess Lighting is coming soon to my area.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:151
said by RollTide14:

I'm on the RR Standard for my area (7) and just got an email telling me all Standard customers are getting a free upgrade to 10 meg service. Thanks Brighthouse! I guess Lighting is coming soon to my area.

:)
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

shortyd999

join:2008-10-21
Birmingham, AL
reply to RollTide14
said by RollTide14:

Cool, Wonder if they'll do the same for turbo customers? That would be awesome!

neonhomer
KK4BFN
Premium
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to xendrome
Here is mine, from east coast of Volusia County, FL. Modem is the Arris TG852, bridged to a Linksys WRT54G running DD-WRT v24 (I think).

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
reply to xendrome
Click for full size
one of my better ones, cant complain about that! It actually hit 50 during the test at one point!

RollTide14

Wetumpka, AL
reply to RollTide14
I got another email that my speed had indeed been upgraded to 10 meg. However, I've seen only a less than 1 meg improvement. I was getting just under 7 now I'm getting about 7.6. This is the same for my in-laws across town. The highest I've hit is 7.8.

yimitz

join:2012-09-21
Livonia, MI
Click for full size
said by RollTide14:

I got another email that my speed had indeed been upgraded to 10 meg. However, I've seen only a less than 1 meg improvement. I was getting just under 7 now I'm getting about 7.6. This is the same for my in-laws across town. The highest I've hit is 7.8.

Up here in Michigan, I've been getting over 11+ consistently since the upgrade. Since before I was only getting 6 on a nominally 7Mb link, it just about doubles my speed.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to RollTide14
said by RollTide14:

Reboot your modem...
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

Buffer_stack

@bhn.net
reply to xendrome
In Bakersfield I am getting just under 46mbps and it never goes above 4.51mbps upload.

RollTide14

Wetumpka, AL
reply to BHNtechXpert
Holy cow! We now are getting almost 11 down and over 1 up. Before we were getting under 8 down and around .55 up. Thanks BH! I also just got a voicemail to call BH about RR lightning. Is it really in my area already?

gigahurtz
Premium
join:2001-10-20
Palm Coast, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to xendrome
It looks like BHN has upgraded Turbo users to 30 Mbps (from 20) and Lightning users to 60 Mbps (from 40).

»brighthouse.com/central-florida/···et_plans

Krrose27

join:2008-06-21
Winter Springs, FL

1 edit
reply to xendrome
So I got up to this awesome story

»www.orlandosentinel.com/technolo···978.post

and then saw this post and was like

and then I restarted the modem and ran this test

and was like

edit: forgot this... 142.196.217.233

gigahurtz
Premium
join:2001-10-20
Palm Coast, FL
Did you run it again after that? I just tested my service (Turbo) and had 25.89 Mbps in the first run and 32.34 Mbps in the second run. I was testing to Birmingham.

DougHo

join:2012-05-21
Orlando, FL
reply to Krrose27
Lightning Still around 46/6 in Orlando before and after power-cycling modem. Offering 60 for same price is nice when it happens, though I only need the dependability of bonding rather than full speed.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to xendrome
Guys...

This is not an automatic upgrade. Those of you in Turbo or Lightning tiers already are grandfathered at your current speeds and price. If you want the higher speeds and currently have Lightning or Turbo we need to upgrade you. Your Turbo or Lightning price would then increase by $5.00 per month.

Also those of you on Turbo currently with a D2 modem will be upgraded to a D3 modem with the new Turbo tier unless you bring your own D3. The new Turbo no longer has the boost which kicks in for a few seconds and then goes away bringing your speed back down to 20mbps. Your speeds instead will be consistent at 30mbps all the time.

Anyone who wants to make the jump right now open a direct forums thread and I will upgrade you
--

bigdaddy

2 edits

Guide_Tim

join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to BHNtechXpert
Gary wow I just found out that they are offering 60 meg down and 5 up in my area
»www.brighthouse.com/bakersfield/···et/plans
I guess I'm grandfathered or whatever ? Gary can you upgrade me to the 60 meg down and 5 meg up ??? Will it affect my current discount promotion price ? If it will just cost an extra $5 then please Gary Upgrade me lol I posted my account info in the direct forums Garyyyyy this is so exciting
--
Bakersfield Region Taft CA Brighthouse Customer Since 2003

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by Guide_Tim:

Gary wow I just found out that they are offering 60 meg down and 5 up in my area
»www.brighthouse.com/bakersfield/···et/plans
I guess I'm grandfathered or whatever ? Gary can you upgrade me to the 60 meg down and 5 meg up ??? Will it affect my current discount promotion price ? If it will just cost an extra $5 then please Gary Upgrade me lol I posted my account info in the direct forums Garyyyyy this is so exciting

Open a new thread in direct with your IP address and I will make it happen
--

Guide_Tim

join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House
Sorry Gary I couldn't wait i was too excited I called and had them Upgrade me to the new lightning Tier

Bakersfield Region Taft CA Brighthouse Customer Since 2003

bigdaddy

3 edits

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to xendrome
You guys are too funny....

simba1994

join:2002-02-10
Largo, FL
said by BHNtechXpert:

And blowing up the direct forums too...

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by simba1994:

said by BHNtechXpert:

And blowing up the direct forums too...

Yes they are...
--

bigdaddy

1 edit

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by bigdaddy:

Gary can you give us some statistics on how many user's have upgraded to which type of new speed tiers ?

No

Suffice it to say it has been popular...

bigdaddy

1 edit

Krrose27

join:2008-06-21
Winter Springs, FL
reply to xendrome
Gary is awesome and should feel awesome.

Thanks a ton for getting the coding issue sorted.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 recommendation

said by Krrose27:

Gary is awesome and should feel awesome.

Thanks a ton for getting the coding issue sorted.

[att=1]

Aww shucks...thank you...sorry it took so long....been a very busy night of upgrades via the forums...

Everyone that could be upgraded tonight (without a modem upgrade) has been...enjoy!
--