OmagicQ
Posting in a thread near you
join:2003-10-23
Bakersfield, CA

OmagicQ to Guide_Tim

to Guide_Tim

Re: [Internet] Internet Speed Upgrades?

said by Guide_Tim:

OmagicQ just wondering what is your cable modem model ?, mine is a Motorola SB6121

Motorola SBG6580 in bridge mode.

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

rebus9 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Guys guys please don't ping other sites and use that as a benchmark....after all these years haven't you learned something from me...just this little tidbit maybe

Hahahah... but isn't it a little hard to ignore how MS Security Essentials improves ping times by 15 ms? I mean, test results are test results.

Maybe if I install it on my PC, nearby servers less than 15 ms away will reply before I ping them.
the65gto
join:2000-08-31
Apopka, FL

the65gto

I am happy with my 10/1 service now showing 11+/1+. Don't know where the "delay" is when I type in a web site i.e. www.website.com and my browser says "waiting on website.com" How do you determine what the msg means, dns delay, web site delay or server delay or??

Guide_Tim
join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA

2 edits

Guide_Tim

Try a different Browser maybe ? Also if you have tons and tons of Toolbar addons installed on your browser then It will slow you down big time like umm yahoo toolbars coupon toolbars search assistant toolbars radio toolbars weather toolbars disable them they will just slow you down big time
ALSO I almost forget cleaning out Cookies, temp files, history, cache will improve speed and performance A Great program i use all the time is ccleaner this program does a great job!!!
CCLEANER DOWNLOAD LINK »www.piriform.com/ccleane ··· standard

Anon
@bhn.net

Anon to xendrome

Anon

to xendrome
Tried several speed test sites including speedtest.bhn.net and I still get between 3 and 14 megabit speeds on a 20/2 tier.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Anon :

Tried several speed test sites including speedtest.bhn.net and I still get between 3 and 14 megabit speeds on a 20/2 tier.

And ou are who? Posting as anon anon doesn't give me a lot to work with so open a direct forums thread with the usual information and I will take a look.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to Anon

Premium Member

to Anon
said by Anon :

And you are who? Posting as anon anon doesn't give me a lot to work with so open a direct forums thread with the usual information and I will take a look and whatever is going on we'll get ya fixed up.

Flashfox
Eco-Text -- Why print E-mails?
join:2003-10-01
Carlsbad, CA

Flashfox

Click for full size
Hmm... has there been a "Lightning" speed increase in 32904?
Flashfox

Flashfox

Here too:

Flashfox

Flashfox

Click for full size
This one is to Videotron in Québec, Canada (»testvitesse.videotron.ca ··· -en.html)

RUQRU
Mac Addict
Premium Member
join:2005-07-30
Central FL

RUQRU

Premium Member

Central FL BHN

Cisco Kid
@bhn.net

Cisco Kid

Anon

RUQRU....If that is your real IP address on your speedtest....you want to delete ASAP

I have Lightning, I am in North Pinellas and my speeds are lower...You are in?????
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Cisco Kid :

RUQRU....If that is your real IP address on your speedtest....you want to delete ASAP

I have Lightning, I am in North Pinellas and my speeds are lower...You are in?????

Lower as in how much lower?

Guide_Tim
Taft, CA

Guide_Tim to xendrome

to xendrome
Is there anyone in the Bakersfield /Taft area that have Lightning that are getting a speed bump ? Or is it just the folks in Florida that are getting spoiled at the moment? I will be buying the SB6141 maybe next month and will be getting Lightning
OmagicQ
Bakersfield, CA

OmagicQ

said by Guide_Tim:

Is there anyone in the Bakersfield /Taft area that have Lightning that are getting a speed bump ? Or is it just the folks in Florida that are getting spoiled at the moment? I will be buying the SB6141 maybe next month and will be getting Lightning

Everyone that I know with Brighthouse has Turbo or Standard. And with Turbo peaking at 30mbps on speed tests, I'm not sure I could make a case for Lightning...Maybe in a large family with multiple game systems, computers, tablets etc.

Flashfox
Carlsbad, CA

1 edit

1 recommendation

Flashfox

Well, official or not, like many others here, I am getting consistently higher throughput on Lightning in Melbourne, Florida (32904). More like 47 Mbps than 40 Mbps and more like 6 Mbps than 5 Mbps. Not a big bump but noticeable from many sites local, in the USA and in Canada.

As a FYI, the MODEM over here is the BHN provided Motorola SBG6580 (configured for bridge mode)

By the way, COX offers 100/20 out west (do I really need that? Nope... do I want that? Yep. Now sing with me: "Dreamer, silly little dreamer..." LOL)
theonlydude
join:2005-01-27
Defuniak Springs, FL

theonlydude to pcdebb

to pcdebb
I feel your pain. Up here in Defuniak Springs we're lucky to get 6 Mbps down during peak time

Guide_Tim
Taft, CA

Guide_Tim to xendrome

to xendrome
I just got my brand new Motorola SB6141 Today From Amazon. As soon as it arrived I called my local BHN and they activated new Modem OVER THE PHONE and I upgraded to Lightning , I'm very excited and The super fast Speeds OMG OMG Loving it

Flashfox
Carlsbad, CA

Flashfox

Question: I have not found any information apart from rumors, but has there been an official or unofficial "lightning" speed boost in 32904?

I am not complaining but just being curious as my download is around 45 Mbps and my upload caps at near 6 Mbps. This kind of points to a new 45/6 top speed in place of 40/5.

I am seeing this with CFL test sites, non-CFL sites, domestic and Canada (Videotron) sites and in real life while downloading updates or other large files (new software downloads, etc.).
OmagicQ
Bakersfield, CA

OmagicQ to xendrome

to xendrome
I wish they would upgrade the upstream bandwidth. Its only about 10% of the downstream bandwidth.
CFLTurbo
join:2012-10-10
Altamonte Springs, FL

CFLTurbo to xendrome

to xendrome
turbo in seminole county
old toshiba modem to E2000 with ddwrt wirelessly

CFLTurbo

CFLTurbo to xendrome

to xendrome
another one

Flashfox
Carlsbad, CA

Flashfox

Lightning is still super here in 32904

RR999
@bhn.net

RR999

Anon

Turbo. Citrus county.

Arris TM602G. Linksys E1200 running DD-WRT.

JLR
join:2001-01-28
Auburndale, FL

JLR

TURBO1112
join:2010-04-28
Dade City, FL

TURBO1112 to xendrome

to xendrome

This was done connecting wireless. Not bad.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by TURBO1112:

[att=1]

This was done connecting wireless. Not bad.

I am impressed with that wireless connection
rocketr
join:2003-10-09
Pinckney, MI

rocketr to xendrome

to xendrome
I get no where near these speeds unless its a Monday around lunch time. Actually I plan on opening a direct case on this.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by rocketr:

I get no where near these speeds unless its a Monday around lunch time. Actually I plan on opening a direct case on this.

Yea something isn't right if you aren't getting your tier speeds...please do so

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

rebus9 to xendrome

to xendrome
Click for full size
said by xendrome:

Looks like my Lightning account which was 40/5 is now 50/6 and at work we had 50/5 and it is now 50/6.

Anyone confirm or seeing and upgrades in speed?

I'm wondering if there was a little "favorable tweaking" done with the logic in the speed tests themselves, or if the increase is legitimate. The biz locations I have on lightning that were solidly in the 50/5 to 50.5/5.1 range are now approaching 58/6 consistently.