Flashfox
Eco-Text -- Why print E-mails?

join:2003-10-01
Melbourne, FL
Lightning is still super here in 32904

RR999

@bhn.net
Turbo. Citrus county.

Arris TM602G. Linksys E1200 running DD-WRT.

JLR

join:2001-01-28
Auburndale, FL

TURBO1112

join:2010-04-28
Dade City, FL
reply to xendrome

This was done connecting wireless. Not bad.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
said by TURBO1112:

[att=1]

This was done connecting wireless. Not bad.

I am impressed with that wireless connection
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

rocketr

join:2003-10-09
Pinckney, MI
reply to xendrome
I get no where near these speeds unless its a Monday around lunch time. Actually I plan on opening a direct case on this.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by rocketr:

I get no where near these speeds unless its a Monday around lunch time. Actually I plan on opening a direct case on this.

Yea something isn't right if you aren't getting your tier speeds...please do so
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

rebus9

join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Bright House
reply to xendrome
Click for full size
said by xendrome:

Looks like my Lightning account which was 40/5 is now 50/6 and at work we had 50/5 and it is now 50/6.

Anyone confirm or seeing and upgrades in speed?

I'm wondering if there was a little "favorable tweaking" done with the logic in the speed tests themselves, or if the increase is legitimate. The biz locations I have on lightning that were solidly in the 50/5 to 50.5/5.1 range are now approaching 58/6 consistently.

Flashfox

Melbourne, FL
reply to xendrome
Still super speeds here in 32904

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2

1 edit
reply to rebus9
said by rebus9:

said by xendrome:

Looks like my Lightning account which was 40/5 is now 50/6 and at work we had 50/5 and it is now 50/6.

I'm wondering if there was a little "favorable tweaking" done with the logic in the speed tests themselves, or if the increase is legitimate. The biz locations I have on lightning that were solidly in the 50/5 to 50.5/5.1 range are now approaching 58/6 consistently.

OmagicQ
Posting in a thread near you

join:2003-10-23
Bakersfield, CA
kudos:1
said by tim tim tim:

said by rebus9:

said by xendrome:

Maybe tweaking would be possible if it were just the BHN site but its pretty much any site you test from. There just provisioned higher now

Imagine that... an ISP that provides MORE service than they claim in their ads. It sounds too good to be true...Surely there's a downside like a 10 Terabyte download cap or something
--
...Who, What, When, Where, How... Why? Why Not?

Flashfox

Melbourne, FL
You are right. The catch is that the cap is not 10 Terabytes but just one Petabyte... or was that one Exabyte?

camaroz

join:2002-10-23
Longwood, FL

4 edits
reply to xendrome
I was happy to see 46-48Mbps immediately after having lightning installed recently. The tech even seemed surprised I was getting higher than the advertised 40Mbps. My Ubee config is showing "Downstream Service Flow" set to 48Mbps. Wish they could make it an even 50. I'm pretty sure it was set to 49Mbps when I first got it.

Lately most tests are hovering around 46Mbps.

rocketr

join:2003-10-09
Pinckney, MI
reply to xendrome
I never get close to these speeds with my brighthouse lightning service in Novi,MI

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by rocketr:

I never get close to these speeds with my brighthouse lightning service in Novi,MI

Check your PM

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
reply to OmagicQ
Click for full size
Tested Location Tampa FL.

It Look's like 25Mbps is the Max Upload.

The test was taken for maximum upload Speed potential Only.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to xendrome
Click for full size
said by rocketr:

Actually yes you are

DougHo

join:2012-05-21
Orlando, FL
reply to camaroz
It seems like they are still tweaking the faster than tier speeds. My Lightning (40/5 tier) using Motorola had been steady 47 and 6, now it is slightly under 46 and slightly over 6.

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
said by DougHo:

It seems like they are still tweaking the faster than tier speeds. My Lightning (40/5 tier) using Motorola had been steady 47 and 6, now it is slightly under 46 and slightly over 6.

Wow it must be a CFL thing. My Lighting only get's 35-41Mbps Download and 4.5-5.01Mbps Upload. I Sure hope My Node get's Updated Soon.

shortyd999

join:2008-10-21
Birmingham, AL

1 edit
reply to xendrome
I'm on the 20/2 plan and here are my results

RollTide14

join:2012-01-30
Wetumpka, AL
reply to xendrome
I'm on the RR Standard for my area (7) and just got an email telling me all Standard customers are getting a free upgrade to 10 meg service. Thanks Brighthouse! I guess Lighting is coming soon to my area.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by RollTide14:

I'm on the RR Standard for my area (7) and just got an email telling me all Standard customers are getting a free upgrade to 10 meg service. Thanks Brighthouse! I guess Lighting is coming soon to my area.

:)
--

shortyd999

join:2008-10-21
Birmingham, AL
reply to RollTide14
said by RollTide14:

Cool, Wonder if they'll do the same for turbo customers? That would be awesome!

neonhomer
KK4BFN
Premium
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to xendrome
Here is mine, from east coast of Volusia County, FL. Modem is the Arris TG852, bridged to a Linksys WRT54G running DD-WRT v24 (I think).

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
reply to xendrome
Click for full size
one of my better ones, cant complain about that! It actually hit 50 during the test at one point!

RollTide14

join:2012-01-30
Wetumpka, AL
reply to RollTide14
I got another email that my speed had indeed been upgraded to 10 meg. However, I've seen only a less than 1 meg improvement. I was getting just under 7 now I'm getting about 7.6. This is the same for my in-laws across town. The highest I've hit is 7.8.

yimitz

join:2012-09-21
Livonia, MI
Click for full size
said by RollTide14:

I got another email that my speed had indeed been upgraded to 10 meg. However, I've seen only a less than 1 meg improvement. I was getting just under 7 now I'm getting about 7.6. This is the same for my in-laws across town. The highest I've hit is 7.8.

Up here in Michigan, I've been getting over 11+ consistently since the upgrade. Since before I was only getting 6 on a nominally 7Mb link, it just about doubles my speed.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to RollTide14
said by RollTide14:

Reboot your modem...
--