Guide_Tim

join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to BHNtechXpert

Re: [Internet] Internet Speed Upgrades?

Sorry Gary I couldn't wait i was too excited I called and had them Upgrade me to the new lightning Tier

Bakersfield Region Taft CA Brighthouse Customer Since 2003

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
kudos:2

3 edits

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:147
reply to xendrome

You guys are too funny....

simba1994

join:2002-02-10
Largo, FL

said by BHNtechXpert:

And blowing up the direct forums too...

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by simba1994:

said by BHNtechXpert:

And blowing up the direct forums too...

Yes they are...
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

bigdaddy

1 edit

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by bigdaddy:

Gary can you give us some statistics on how many user's have upgraded to which type of new speed tiers ?

No

Suffice it to say it has been popular...

bigdaddy

1 edit

Krrose27

join:2008-06-21
Winter Springs, FL
reply to xendrome

Gary is awesome and should feel awesome.

Thanks a ton for getting the coding issue sorted.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 recommendation

said by Krrose27:

Gary is awesome and should feel awesome.

Thanks a ton for getting the coding issue sorted.

[att=1]

Aww shucks...thank you...sorry it took so long....been a very busy night of upgrades via the forums...

Everyone that could be upgraded tonight (without a modem upgrade) has been...enjoy!
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

Guide_Tim

Taft, CA
Reviews:
·Bright House

Yes i had issues when they upgraded my lightning to the 60/5 , they rebooted my modem and i did a speedtest and it showed 11 down i was like omg So I talked to the same BHN Rep and he tried a second time to upgrade and then it worked the rep i talked to said he was so sorry and there was some sort of codes he had to adjust. He said i was his very first Lightning upgrade on the 60/5 tier.
--

Opt

join:2012-04-04
Bakersfield, CA
reply to xendrome

Just called in and a rep pushed some keys to my modem. I've yet to test the speed because I'm not at home but hopefully I get the 60d and not 55 or so.

I also hope my upload speed is at least 5. I hardly ever got 4 up with the 40/4 Lightning package.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to xendrome

Reboot your modem when you get home.

Opt

join:2012-04-04
Bakersfield, CA

said by BHNtechXpert:

Reboot your modem when you get home.

That was of course my first action item . I noticed a lot on the 40/4 I would only get about 3.5/3.6 whether or not it was peak hours. My down was pretty consistent at 39-41 typically. A consistent 60/5 would be amazing.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to xendrome

The cool part is those of you with 4 up now have 5 up...that was standardized across the regions

camaroz

join:2002-10-23
Longwood, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

said by BHNtechXpert:

Guys...

This is not an automatic upgrade. Those of you in Turbo or Lightning tiers already are grandfathered at your current speeds and price. If you want the higher speeds and currently have Lightning or Turbo we need to upgrade you. Your Turbo or Lightning price would then increase by $5.00 per month.

Anyone who wants to make the jump right now open a direct forums thread and I will upgrade you

Wait, that is a confusing statement. If current lightning members are grandfathered in at "current speeds and price", then why does your next sentence mention a fee? It is $5 extra for existing lightning customers?

Guide_Tim

Taft, CA
Reviews:
·Bright House

If you had lightning Before January 15th you are grandfathered in the price and the speed 40/4. If you want to UPGRADE to the new Lightning speed which is 60/5 then you just pay an extra $5
--

TampaBay33

@bhn.net
reply to BHNtechXpert

I just upgraded to the 60mps services. On my ethernet connected computer, I ran speedtest and hit those numbers, but on my wifi, I can't get above 22mps. Have a UBEE DVW3201b modem. Im trying on my ipad within 5 feet of my router.

Any suggestions?

camaroz

Longwood, FL

1 edit

said by TampaBay33 :

I just upgraded to the 60mps services. On my ethernet connected computer, I ran speedtest and hit those numbers, but on my wifi, I can't get above 22mps. Have a UBEE DVW3201b modem. Im trying on my ipad within 5 feet of my router.

Any suggestions?

You probably have Wireless-G, upgrade to Wireless-N. Or, if you're not using the BHN modem for your wi-fi, then make sure your own router is Wireless-N rather than G.

ispalten

join:2005-04-16
Clermont, FL
reply to TampaBay33

said by TampaBay33 :

Any suggestions?

When I got the first iPad, which does connect at N speed, I had the same problem, and I had Lightning. I was thinking something was wrong with the iPad and since it was under warranty called Apple. I was told this was NORMAL due to the antennae setup used. They do not have 2 is the reason. Not trusting that answer I went onto an Apple forum (forgot which one) and asked, and basically got the same answer.

I can tell you my PC's all connect at 67+Mbps, but the best any of our iPad's will reach is around 39 or so Mbps.

There are also many 'speed test' apps for the iPad, and some are off of the BH network and that will alone usually cause lower speed reports.

SPEED TEST app by OOKLA does connect to BHN and might give you the best results. I also get better results with the 5Ghz SSID (if you have one) but the range is less than the 2.4Ghz radio.
--
Irv Spalten

camaroz

Longwood, FL
reply to Guide_Tim

grandfathering really should mean you get something new for the old price. Kind of how with my Virgin Mobile phone I still get the $25/month I signed up at, while new signups pay more.

bhcustomer45

@bhn.net

Grandfathering means the old rule continues to apply to some situations while a new rule applies to everything going forward. Same price, same service as before. It doesn't mean you keep the same price and get free service upgrades. Using your cell phone example, I am on a grandfathered unlimited data plan. Same price per month I have always paid despite current data plans being more expensive. But it is for 3G service. I do not get a free upgrade to LTE on my grandfathered unlimited data plan.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to camaroz

said by camaroz:

grandfathering really should mean you get something new for the old price. Kind of how with my Virgin Mobile phone I still get the $25/month I signed up at, while new signups pay more.

No thats not what grandfathering means...sorry.
--

JuanMiguel

@bhn.net
reply to xendrome

You can't edit the term "grandfathering" to make it what YOU want it to mean.

The whole point of the term means that you can continue to enjoy what you had BEFORE the new rule.
You HAD 20/2...therefore you still have 20/2 for the same price even though it's not available to people signing up today.

You are grandfathered in...not UPGRADED in

botld92z9

join:2006-07-14
Winter Springs, FL
reply to camaroz

said by camaroz:

If that was the case, folks grandfathered in on ATTs unlimited iPhone data plan would be paying the same price they were before but would now have a data cap.

RUQRU
Premium
join:2005-07-30
Florida

2 edits
reply to BHNtechXpert

Click for full size
Had to call BHN to get upgrade

Nayan

join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL
reply to xendrome

I got mine this morning and I am hitting well into the 60's (speed, not age ).

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by Nayan:

I got mine this morning and I am hitting well into the 60's (speed, not age ).

:)

weaseled386

join:2008-04-13
Edgewater, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to xendrome

Blah... I'm seeing an increase, but no where near 60. 45.85M down & 5.86M up in Port Orange. I've rebooted my modem twice.

BHNtechXpert... later I'll try hooking a laptop up directly to the Ubee, but maybe an issue with my DLink DGL-4500? Since I only use it for wired capabilities, it has been a great router for several years.

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL

did you call in and sign up for the 60 meg service? Its not an automatic bump.. its 5 bucks more than the current lightning service is.