join:2005-07-01
Palm Springs, CA
Hitron EN2251
Nest H2D

fuziwuzi to elefante72

Premium Member

to elefante72

Re: One Phone, Multiple Networks

Please read up on CURRENT information. T-Mobile has been very busy refarming spectrum to deploy HSPA+ on the 1900MHz band, which every GSM iPhone supports for high-speed data. Several friends here in Atlanta that previously switched their iPhones to T-Mobile (and accepted they were getting 2G data) now have excellent HSPA+ speeds. This is with 3Gs and 4s phones. Several other metro areas have also been refarmed, with more on the way. T-Mobile is now even advertising with billboards and radio here in Atlanta that if you move your unlocked iPhone to them, you'll now receive great "4G" data (HSPA+) at a significantly cheaper price than AT&T.
civicturbo
join:2009-11-08
USA

civicturbo

Thanks for posting this info, I had my unlocked iPhone 3GS on tmobile for awhile, I got 200k on the edge network, I switched to h2o wireless ( a mvno reselling AT&T) because their cheaper. I was paying 100 for 1000 mins. Good for 1 yr. but 1000 would never last. With h2o i got a free sim (mins bought thru pinzoo.com) and pay 25/mth prepaid monthly. For 1000 mins cool thing is $ balance rolls over, it doesn't sound like it from the site but they do.
Data is slow 150-200k and burn up the $ quick. Now if tmobile supports my 3G data on my phone that would be very enticing. I currently run around with a Clear iSpot in my pocket. (Another $25/mth unlimited data 6/1 speed unlocked works for all my wifi devices
saiflu
join:2012-10-10
united state

saiflu to fuziwuzi

to fuziwuzi
Hi,
Did you say you were getting 4G in Atlanta?

I live here and am not getting any 4G, only Edge.

Where exactly are you getting 4G?

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
join:2005-07-01
Palm Springs, CA

fuziwuzi

Premium Member

Several of my friends here in Atlanta, with 3GS and 4, are now getting HSPA+ instead of EDGE. Perhaps it depends on your neighborhood. They are in Midtown.
« Coverage
This is a sub-selection from One Phone, Multiple Networks