uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ian
Premium
join:2002-06-18
ON
kudos:3
reply to DKS

Re: DTV illegal in Canada? What is the legal justification?

said by DKS:

What is "against the public"? It is a foundationally capitalistic business model based on paying for distribution.

Actually, the model you're describing is quite far from capitalistic. So the Government of Canada can sell the right to broadcast a signal to me? Says who? At what point did I give that right to them for them to re-sell it? Did they buy the right from me before re-selling it? If so, I'm still waiting for my cut.

Strictly capitalistic would be for anyone that can afford to launch a satellite to compete with others in getting me to open my chequebook to subscribe to the services of that broadcast. I really don't care if the company is based in the US, Canada, or Latvia.
--
“Any claim that the root of a problem is simple should be treated the same as a claim that the root of a problem is Bigfoot. Simplicity and Bigfoot are found in the real world with about the same frequency.” – David Wong

olive403

join:2012-10-10
Canada
Reviews:
·WestNet Wireless
ok so its illegal but dishnetwork still accepts canadian credit cards....... allows SLING access from Canada.

So its illegal for me to be a verizon wireless customer ROAMING in Canada and open up VERIZON TV on my mobile phone?

Verizon EVEN ACCEPTS CANADIANS with CANADIAN CREDIT FILE>....