Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to greys

MVM

to greys

Re: new Cheap Internet Connection

TekSavvy offers unlimited between 2AM and 8AM on their capped plans (75GB or 300GB). Usage during that period does not count towards your usage. They also offer unlimited tiers. So do eBox, although eBox doesn't offer unlimited on every single service.

If you're going to give advice to people, "I didn't check" isn't a valid excuse. If you don't remember, don't spew BS as a replacement.
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla

I say go for Start.
MajorPewPew
join:2010-09-19

MajorPewPew to Guspaz

to Guspaz
Guspaz, its interesting how you're hung up on what Im wrong on, I made a mistake on usage caps, nothing more. I've apologized for my mistake, attempted to correct it and yet you continued to antagonize me, which in itself is interesting.

My original statement stands, all indie ISPs are more or less the same. If you dont agree, go to canadianisp.ca and check for yourself. Pay special attention to the ratings section.

I also find it interesting that you, Guspaz, are holding back on the OP. Here are some highly relevant questions in recommending an ISP.

Mister Guspaz:
1. How many botched installs have you had yourself from an independent ISP? and what percentage? or if you like, What percentage of installs went without a problem?
2. How long did it take to resolve an install issue? What about other technical issues?
3. Did they offer any compensation for downtime?
4. Did you ever see any significant slowdowns as a a result of network mismanagement?
5. Would you continually recommend Teksavvy as an ISP for friends despite the issues you have encountered?
6. Would you recommend Teksavvy for the non-technical?

Guspaz, as I understand it, you're one of the older members of this forum and have some experience. As opposed of picking on people who were at least trying to help, why dont you help out the OP and give better advice than I did? Price and cap is only one consideration, reliability and service is another.

The way I see it, you're just gonna take another shot at me as opposed to offer better advice. You're probably not even going to answer the crucial questions because you know the answers will make TSI look unappealing. Why don't you prove me wrong and answer the questions and let the OP know what you, a long time customer of TSI and a older member of this forum have experienced?

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz

MVM

I don't think that my experiences with the install process as it stood years ago when TekSavvy was a vastly different size under different management is an accurate representation of them today. My most recent install experience (my upgrade to vdsl2 on two lines) was relatively painless.

Throughput has had occasional issues, but is generally much better than it was years ago.