Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to kilrathi

Premium Member

to kilrathi

Re: [TWC] TWC New York Modem Activation

said by kilrathi:

Same here, hopefully TW sends updated one to users with 6141 sometime, but with their schedule with these things could be a year

Why would they if the current one is not causing issues?

kilrathi
Premium Member
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY

kilrathi

Premium Member

well with that kind of mentality we could still use old software and firmware on a lot of devices, key is if there is new firmware out officially by maker of the modem, too bad there is no way to find out what the changes are or at least I can find out but comcast did roll out this firmware to their customers with 6141.

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100
(Software) Asuswrt-Merlin

Packeteers to swintec

Premium Member

to swintec
I asked about pushing software to my modem 3 days ago when i registered my new MAC, and the Tier-3 guy says their system automatically pushes it out as needed - I'm hoping over night or over a weekend... so by the 15th if I don't see an update, I'll call support and annoy them with our concerns. I read other forums that claim TWCable is very conservative with new firmware since they often have problems with such updates and end up having to roll it back. So the latest supported version may vary from cable system to cable system.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to kilrathi

Premium Member

to kilrathi
i think modem firmware is tested in house extensively to make sure it works with the network in all the areas.