Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

Digital Phone customers are screwed

Grandma up in Maine will be wondering why her bill went up by $4 per month. I would love to buy an Arris TM822G EMTA for her (available on Amazon) but I don't think they will allow customer owned EMTAs.

She currently has a D3 Ubee voice/data gateway (gateway is so I can connect my gadgets to the Internet at her house).

If I bought her an EMTA, I would get one with a battery. I own an Arris TM722G (that I have on Comcast) and Arris hardware is top notch quality with solid voice quality. The junk that TWC issues is cheap trash compared to my Arris modem. I have dealt with Ubee and SA/Cisco equipment at her house and the voice quality of that equipment is not even as good as my Verizon iPhone (cell phones can never match the audio quality of a landline) and I can tell its the modem because I at one time had the exact model of cordless phone as grandma. I was always replacing her phones and my phones (either uniden or radio shack) and I finally bought Panasonic based on advice from DSLR.
--
I wish I still lived in Iowa; Everything there from rent and groceries to Cable TV is much cheaper in Iowa (especially with an overbuilder in town).

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
You can keep the EMTA for free. They'll just disable the ethernet port when you add your own modem. Yes.. they are that dumb that they'll give you the same exact hardware for free as long as you're not using the internet on it.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!