All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

SDKiwi
join:2002-05-27
El Cajon, CA

SDKiwi to skaforey

to skaforey

Re: [CA] [San Diego]So slow every night!

You should see an improvement [more bonded channels] this week if you live in the Chula Vista/National City area.
skaforey
join:2003-02-12
Santee, CA

skaforey

I am in Santee, so I guess I'm still stuck at 2 for the time being?
Anon00
Premium Member
join:2001-09-25
USA

Anon00 to SDKiwi

Premium Member

to SDKiwi
said by SDKiwi:

You should see an improvement [more bonded channels] this week if you live in the Chula Vista/National City area.

I received a Call from Cox asking how my service was yesterday, I think to highlight some upgrades. Noticed I have all 8 channels bonded (Downstream). I don't live in those areas (La Mesa), but hey, its all good.

Now if only Cox would bond upstream+boost our upload Cloud computing/storage is increasing our upload requirements.

PS I'm at the maximum Tier. Ultra/Super/whatever

Dano
@cox.net

Dano

Anon

Will COX San Diego ever hire some quality people that can clean up the CR***Y signal in san diego? In the last 2 days I got 400thousand correctable errors and 1200 uncorrectable errors but they told me smoke ping don't reflect and packet loss. The screen shot they sent me looks like they edited it in about 3 places? And its not just my home my office has 65% packet loss we had a guy out last year from cox to clean the office modem up I aske how far can you run RG6 before you have to use the larger cable ? responce was I don't no.
Dano

Dano

Anon

Has COX turned off logs on the Docsis 3 modems? My old surfboard updated every few hours. My ney COX supplied modem hasent updated logs since I rebooted it oct,14,12

SDKiwi
join:2002-05-27
El Cajon, CA

SDKiwi to skaforey

to skaforey
Let me know if you see some extra downstreams tomorrow.... a temp fix in a part of East County to add some additional downstreams, but not a full 8 D3 Downstreams yet in that area.
skaforey
join:2003-02-12
Santee, CA

skaforey

Awesome, seeing 4 bonded downstream channels now. If I can see 8, I will be upgrading back to ultimate.

With 4 bonded channels, I haven't noticed any slow downs at night anymore.