how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

join:2011-04-18
reply to TheHox

Re: PTP link problem, 300ft with NanostationM2

5.8ghz will blow the 2.4ghz stuff out of the water,

for 300ft you could use NanostationLocoM5's if you wanted.. Last year I did a shot in a small town about 4 blocks with two NanostationM5's and I was getting VERY close to maxing out the ethernet port. I highly recommend

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp
kudos:8
reply to TheHox
+1 on the LocoM5 units...

TheHox

join:2012-05-31
reply to TheHox
Installed the locoM5 units today. On all auto settings with channel shifting enable at 40mhz widths I got 72.3mbps, with AirMax enabled.
That is plenty for now, I can try and tweak them from home now.

That speed test is online also, so internet congestion may effect that. I couldn't get iperf to work correctly. The results were way off. Perhaps my laptop is too slow.

I also have the output power turned down from the max 23dBm to 5dBm on each side. Signal strength is still coming in at -48/-49dBm.

Should I turn them down even more? Is that too hot or should that be ok?

WHT

join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX
kudos:5
-48 kinda hot, but not that bad. Can you get it down to like -53?

/added after thought
Or mis-align one end?

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp
kudos:8
said by WHT:

Or mis-align one end?

This.

Turn the lower one into the trees behind the building. The antenna pattern is wide then falls off quickly so you should be able to adjust it with some precision.

I'm presuming that the one on top is pointing down towards the new source, which points up...?
--
The most powerful weapon in the world is ignorance. Politicians exploit it to achieve almost anything they want.