Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to wcweaver

Re: CallCentric tech issues today?

That was to Arne.
Anyway, later versions of Windows really seem more solid and secure right out of the box and your right there are plenty of users with older versions of Windows such as XP and 2000 that don't know the first thing about common sense and not clicking everything in sight and computer safety. Regarding the seniors, a co worker of mine brought up the observation that they won't be a long term problem and that future generations of seniors will be more tech savvy.
--
I'm always up for a good chat and helping with VoIP testing so my contact info is below.
Gigaset.net: Michael Wolf
Callcentric: 17772288600
SIP URI: sip:226976325024#9@sip.gigaset.net and sip:17772288600@in.callcentric.com

wcweaver
Premium
join:2002-02-22
Fort Myers, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by Mike Wolf:

That was to Arne.
Anyway, later versions of Windows really seem more solid and secure right out of the box and your right there are plenty of users with older versions of Windows such as XP and 2000 that don't know the first thing about common sense and not clicking everything in sight and computer safety. Regarding the seniors, a co worker of mine brought up the observation that they won't be a long term problem and that future generations of seniors will be more tech savvy.

Are posts being delayed (moderator reviewed) before showing up as I made a post and it is not there yet? It also happened when I made the post about your comments to Arne, it did not show up for quite a while.

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
join:2009-06-21
Cyberspace
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Anveo
·voip.ms

2 edits

said by wcweaver:

Are posts being delayed (moderator reviewed) before showing up as I made a post and it is not there yet? It also happened when I made the post about your comments to Arne, it did not show up for quite a while.

After the DSLR power outage something is wrong so the last one or more posts are not showing up on the page.

However, there is a workaround which I use.

Look at the end of the address line. You see something like this:
r27591360-CallCentric-tech-issues-today-~start=420

Now increase the "start=" value with at least one, I usually add 5, so your address line ends:

r27591360-CallCentric-tech-issues-today-~start=425

Now you will see the missing posts on a page.

The "start=" value can be different from this example. The important thing is to increase it with at least one.
--
My VoIP News

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

4 edits

said by Arne Bolen:

said by wcweaver:

After the DSLR power outage something is wrong so the last one or more posts are not showing up on the page.

However, there is a workaround which I use.

Look at the end of the address line. You see something like this:
r27591360-CallCentric-tech-issues-today-~start=420

Now increase the "start=" value with at least one, I usually add 5, so your address line ends:

r27591360-CallCentric-tech-issues-today-~start=425

Now you will see the missing posts on a page.

The "start=" value can be different from this example. The important thing is to increase it with at least one.

Arne, I agree with your workaround, but I'm not sure that the outage was the reason.

It seems that the longer that a DSLR thread becomes, the more likely it is that this 'Page Birthing' anomaly will happen to it.

DSLR forum threads seem to allocate 20 posts per page, regardless of the length of the posts themselves - so if your add 20, the new still hidden page should start to display where the current page left off - always has for ME.

Typically, each new page in an affected thread will appear anyway with the 3rd or 4th new post to it.

We first encountered it in CANCHAT forum in a thread called »IGNORE this thread , which was OK at first, but has been misbehaving for more than half of its now 111 pages.

Also in Canadian BroadBang forum, a thread called »Start Communications - new TPIA Rogers/Cogeco has been doing this for some time now.