All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Nick96
join:2012-06-04
Edmonton, AB

Nick96

Re: Telus Actiontec V1000h firmware

So does anyone know how good Telus's new XyXEL all-in-one is?

AnonDSLGuy
@telus.net

AnonDSLGuy

Anon

said by Nick96:

The Zyxel gateway uses the same chipset as the Actiontec V1000H and ALU Cellpipe modem. Like the Actiontec V1000H, the firmware is very up to date with many DSL bugs fixed; bugs that still remain in the ALU Cellpipe firmware.
Nick96
join:2012-06-04
Edmonton, AB

Nick96

said by AnonDSLGuy :

said by Nick96:

The Zyxel gateway uses the same chipset as the Actiontec V1000H and ALU Cellpipe modem. Like the Actiontec V1000H, the firmware is very up to date with many DSL bugs fixed; bugs that still remain in the ALU Cellpipe firmware.

Thanks for the reply. On the Actiontec, UPnP constantly crashes and DHCP reservation doesn't really work. How are UPnP and DHCP reservation on the XyXEL modem?
WhosTheBosch
join:2009-12-02

WhosTheBosch to AnonDSLGuy

to AnonDSLGuy
said by AnonDSLGuy :

The big question is it bridgeable?
telucaster
join:2011-02-04
Chilliwack, BC

telucaster

said by WhosTheBosch:

said by AnonDSLGuy :

The big question is it bridgeable?

Yes it is, I've had a Zyxel for a couple of months, bridged with a monowall router behind it. Of course you need the Verboten login and password, so I did not say this, I was not here.