uniqs
Rekrul
join:2007-04-21
Milford, CT

Rekrul to brianiscool

to brianiscool

Re: Windows 8

said by brianiscool:

Why not fix Windows 7 group policies? I am sure Windows 7 has a lot of bugs you could fix before going onto your next operating system.

It's called "Planned Obsolescence", and it's what Microsoft's entire business model is based on. Windows 8 hasn't launched yet and they probably already have a team working on Windows 9.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by Rekrul:

said by brianiscool:

Why not fix Windows 7 group policies? I am sure Windows 7 has a lot of bugs you could fix before going onto your next operating system.

It's called "Planned Obsolescence", and it's what Microsoft's entire business model is based on. Windows 8 hasn't launched yet and they probably already have a team working on Windows 9.

Yeah and? just because people are still using XP doesn't mean OSes are supposed to last 10+ years. Remember windows 95? then came 98 then XP in 2001. Hmmm see a trend? No one bitches when Android updates it's OS every 6 months.
Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN
Ubee E31U2V1
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WNR3500L

Chubbysumo

said by 88615298:

said by Rekrul:

said by brianiscool:

Yeah and? just because people are still using XP doesn't mean OSes are supposed to last 10+ years. Remember windows 95? then came 98 then XP in 2001. Hmmm see a trend? No one bitches when Android updates it's OS every 6 months.

windows 8 is quite the joke tho, with survey after survey saying that even after continued use, people just don't like it on a desktop. Windows 8 was not made for a desktop, it was made for a touch screen, and if you dont have a touchscreen, its a cumbersome interface. No company(or individual) will upgrade to windows 8 from windows 7, or windows XP or 2000 for that matter, when many companies just now started transitioning from windows XP or windows 2000 to windows 7. Windows 8 is a tablet/touchscreen OS, and nothing more. People who want productivity will stick with windows 7. I hate to say luddites are right, but in this case, windows 8 is a gigantic joke to everyone that I know, and every review that I see online basically says its like an OS designed for and by toddlers.

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua

Premium Member

What kills me is Microsoft will be selling Windows 8 starting this month on desktops. This is another Windows Me Windows Vista debacle all over again.
Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN
Ubee E31U2V1
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WNR3500L

Chubbysumo

said by Boricua:

What kills me is Microsoft will be selling Windows 8 starting this month on desktops. This is another Windows Me Windows Vista debacle all over again.

Windows Vista was actually good, but what killed it was MS trying to sell it and put it on hardware that was well below the minimum specs(and they and OEMs later got sued for the "ready for windows vista" cert and sticker because many systems were not up to par to run vista, which killed its public appearance because OEM systems came pre-loaded with it that should not have had it, thus, on crappy hardware, it ran like crap).
I ran vista up until a short while ago(3 months, wanted DX11, and the DX11 support hacks for vista were buggy), and on hardware that can handle it, it runs just fine(and in some cases, better than windows 7). Actually, did you know that windows vista and windows 7 are literally 90% the same exact code? All that changed was a few core improvements in what starts with the computer when you turn it on(mainly improvements to superfetch and running services), and a UI facelift, and that is it. Window vista and windows 7 are nearly exactly the same.

Windows ME on the other hand, was quite terrible.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to Chubbysumo

to Chubbysumo
said by Chubbysumo:

windows 8 is quite the joke tho, with survey after survey saying that even after continued use, people just don't like it on a desktop. Windows 8 was not made for a desktop, it was made for a touch screen, and if you dont have a touchscreen, its a cumbersome interface. No company(or individual) will upgrade to windows 8 from windows 7, or windows XP or 2000 for that matter, when many companies just now started transitioning from windows XP or windows 2000 to windows 7. Windows 8 is a tablet/touchscreen OS, and nothing more. People who want productivity will stick with windows 7. I hate to say luddites are right, but in this case, windows 8 is a gigantic joke to everyone that I know, and every review that I see online basically says its like an OS designed for and by toddlers.

Really because I've been using it since early March and I like it just fine. And at $40 for the upgrade why not jump on that deal? My son also uses it and likes it. Of course unlike the haters we actually gave it a REAL shot. So no it's not a joke. The joke is the hater who didn't try it or tired it for 5 minutes and dismissed it.

It works just fine on a desktop. and there are these things call touchpads you can buy if you really insist on needing to use one.

Actually when I have to use someone's Windows 7 or god forbid XP machine I find them to be so cumbersome.

88615298 (banned) to Boricua

to Boricua
said by Boricua:

You've never gave it a real try. You posts says that. Quit hatin.

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua

Premium Member

Wrong!! I downloaded the consumer preview a few months ago and tried it out.