Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7

1 edit
reply to Mele20

Re: Pirate Bay site sinks, Swedish police raid its ISP

They are storing..they don't ban..and they will not survive..and Gottfrid Svartholm is still in Limbo..but at least he is home.

Where do I stand ? get serious...and could care less where you do. But if you use it to handle copyright material and you think you have a get out of jail free card..think again.

»www.digitaltrends.com/music/bitt···g-study/

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
I know for certain of one uploader they banned for lacing the uploads with malware. This was many years ago.

I don't know what they are CURRENTLY doing, or have done, since the site was mostly abandoned several years ago. Who would go there after that? I'm talking about before that. You lumped the site as it is today together with the site as it was many years ago and I am calling you on it. If you want to claim that the site TODAY is storing IP addresses to give to the RIAA or whatever ok.

How do you know why they are storing the addresses? How do you know they are lying when they say they are stored in RAM only for 48 hours? Where's your proof? I am not saying they are not TODAY doing what you are claiming but I don't see proof of it or proof of why they are doing it or if the storage is in RAM only for a very short period or what. Pirate Bay is not the site it used to be and hasn't been for several years. Even so, I'd like some proof they are storing IP addresses in order to betray their users. So, where is your proof?
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7
US judge orders piracy trial to test IP evidence

The case will test whether an IP address is sufficient evidence

A landmark case in the US will test whether internet piracy claims made by copyright firms will stand up in court.
»www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19887765
--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/