jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
join:2005-01-22
Galaxy M31
kudos:2
reply to Voxxjin

Re: [NFL] Week 6 Games Discussion

For sure...some shockers. Having the Giants go into SF and spank them for one, is something I didn't expect. But I sure liked it.
And as you know, several others I'm sure many of us didn't expect.
Certainly does make it interesting. The ol' "on any given Sunday" thing really does seem to have special meaning so far this season.
--
I had a life once.....now I have a Computer and a Modem.

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31
reply to Moorecards

said by jabarnut:

My brother-in-law is a huge SF fan ...(lives out on the west coast), so I'm sure I'll get a phone call or email from him, sooner or later. (Man, I hate my brother-in-law). Lol

Gee, that's weird. Never heard from him.
Guess it's my turn.
--

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to jabarnut

said by jabarnut:

Having the Giants go into SF and spank them for one,

heh this part of your post really confused me for a sec until I realized we were talking football and not baseball.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31

Lol...yeah, I see what you mean. (Unless the baseball team spanked each other recently).
--

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

Musings from the Games I watched:

1. It was great to watch 3 aspiring SB Teams get handed their collective butts on a platter. (NE, SF and Houston). Houston looked overmatched in their own Stadium. SF was manhandled and Brady was befuddled.

2. Another aspiring SB contender (Atlanta) just barely escaped defeat if it were not for a defensive TD. Matt Ryan 3 interceptions?

3. You can't blame Vick for this loss. Plus I've had it with Andy Reid blaming himself after every loss. It's getting stale. He's getting stale.

4. You gotta stop calling Rookies... rookies. Russell Wilson outplayed Tom Brady. Admittedly he has a better defense. RG3 what can you say about him.

5. Mark Sanchez lives to fight another day.
--
"The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
join:2001-11-29
Trenton, NJ
reply to jabarnut

said by jabarnut:

Someone was saying on NFL Countdown that maybe Vick has "reached his intellectual capacity" as a QB. (That is, his ability to know what to do with the football according to defenses, among other things). I got a kick out of that.
And Reid? I think he's just become senile.

Vick truly is a dumb QB. That man cannot read a defense even if it hit him in the face(oh wait..).. Ever since the VIkings came with the corner blitz in 2010 and stuffed him that has been the reciepe for disaster for Vick and great for defenses. The man simply cannot read defenses. He has ALL the talent in the world, but what will that do if your too stupid to use it?

Andy Reid has always been terrible, since day freaking 1. McNabb, Westbrook, and the defense saved AR ass for so many years. Now that McNabb is gone and those great defenses of past are gone look what Reid is. I've never seen a coach get less out of more than he has. 5 more loses until I see something new.
--
"I done wrassled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale, only Last week I murdered a rock, Injured a stone, hospitalized a brick, I'm so mean I make medicine sick!!"-Ali

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM

So change your avatar to Shady or Jackson.

You have Vick running in circles!

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
reply to Eagles LoveR

I'd have to say we are pretty great in the 4th though aye?

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
Trenton, NJ

I'd have to say the Eagles are pretty bad, period.

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

Never any love for the lions.

O well.

We will fight on!

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to Eagles LoveR

»espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85111···a-eagles

So. The Eagles fire their Defense Coordinator. Too bad that should have happened the beginning of last year.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
Trenton, NJ
reply to f0rtys3ven

Nnamdi played his best game as an Eagle. Shut down Calvin for most the game and half the time was in single coverage. In the 4th up 10 points Juan Castillo(just fired) took Nnamdi off and played a zone and then off to man with DRC on Calvin. Why switch something that worked perfectly for 3 and a half qts?

Lions played great down the stretch now discrediting it. But the Eagles taking Nnamdi off surely helped
--
"I done wrassled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale, only Last week I murdered a rock, Injured a stone, hospitalized a brick, I'm so mean I make medicine sick!!"-Ali

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
reply to I AM

said by I AM:

»espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85111···a-eagles

So. The Eagles fire their Defense Coordinator. Too bad that should have happened the beginning of last year.

Firing the offensive line wasn't an option, and Michael Vick makes $16 million per year. That's the primary reason why the Philadelphia Eagles relieved defensive coordinator Juan Castillo of his duties. The Eagles have failed to win for a multitude of reasons. They have 17 turnovers on offense more than any other team, at the moment. But Castillo had nothing to do with those 17 turnovers or anything to do with Michael Vick's inability to make good decisions or the offensive line's vulnerability against pressure. Under no circumstances should the Eagles expose Foles to the brutality and punshment he is sure to receive behind this Offensive Line. Ride out the season. They are still 3-3 just like Giants, Packers, NE etc.
--
"The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don't do anything about it."