Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

chgo_man99

join:2010-01-01
San Jose, CA

1 recommendation

junk?

Might as well turn on tethering feature in my phone and use better speeds on LTE and use it in more places, even outside metro areas on 3g

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR
kudos:2
Not to mention LTE with a 5GB cap on AT&T(with tethering) was $45 a month when I got my newest toy this year. I ended up signing up for 3GB for $30 because I don't use more than that, with all the wifi generally around me. So, I get to pay $5/month more for 1 less gig on Clearwire's shitty network with an almost non-existant foitprint? Go to hell Netzero!! Seems you were better off dead with the days of dialup
--
A fool thinks they know everything.

A wise person knows enough to know they couldn't possibly know everything.

There are zealots for every OS, like every religion. They do not represent the majority of users for either.

chgo_man99

join:2010-01-01
San Jose, CA
clearwire is in debt from investing in wimax and is looking to pay them off by getting players like netzero to resell their services, especially after comcast, twc ditched them because they offered no real value to customer at inflated prices.

I don't see how they will get off with LTE. And those who live in west coast or east cost have an option to use their cable's free metro wifi. Chicago and other large cities in Midwest or South don't have it yet but I believe they have plans on launching wifi. Mayor of Chicago announced new plans for city-wide wifi. First announcement a few years ago never materialized but this time it should.