uniqs

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One

MVM

Gee, what a surprise

A cell company relying on vague definitions in fine print to correct outright lies in their marketing. Isn't that just surprising.

MrMaster
Rum Connoisseur
Premium Member
join:2000-12-16
St Thomas, VI

MrMaster

Premium Member

said by Camelot One:

A cell company relying on vague definitions in fine print to correct outright lies in their marketing. Isn't that just surprising.

What lies?

LightS
Premium Member
join:2005-12-17
Greenville, TX

LightS

Premium Member

Their coverage map (for Dallas) is a huge lie.

MrMaster
Rum Connoisseur
Premium Member
St Thomas, VI

MrMaster

Premium Member

said by LightS:

Their coverage map (for Dallas) is a huge lie.

hmmm..so they didn't break it down to street level and JUST launched in Dallas. Cry a little more.

Camelot One - look up the definition of "outright lies" before using the term.

Here is what others are picking up for LTE in Dallas

»www.sensorly.com/map/4G/ ··· q=dallas, tx

LightS
Premium Member
Greenville, TX

LightS

Premium Member

Excuse me, but have you used Sprint in the DFW area? In comparison to AT&T and VZW, it's flaky, and is far from reliable. It constantly switches from LTE to other technologies, and in quite a few areas I understand them not giving a street-by-street coverage map, but hell, at least Verizon & AT&T's coverage maps are far more accurate.

For example, take Garland, Grapevine, Irving, Plano, and Flower Mound. All of these are fairly wealthy areas, and according to Sprints coverage map, they have LTE coverage.

In reality, no. They shouldn't just blanket an entire region and say "we have coverage" when they don't have anywhere near what they proclaim or advertise on their coverage map.

So you can advocate Sprint's awful coverage maps, but until you use the service (esp. for certain people that decide a carrier based upon a coverage map) you really have no position to tell people to cry.

MrMaster
Rum Connoisseur
Premium Member
St Thomas, VI

MrMaster

Premium Member

said by LightS:

Excuse me, but have you used Sprint in the DFW area? In comparison to AT&T and VZW, it's flaky, and is far from reliable. It constantly switches from LTE to other technologies, and in quite a few areas I understand them not giving a street-by-street coverage map, but hell, at least Verizon & AT&T's coverage maps are far more accurate.

For example, take Garland, Grapevine, Irving, Plano, and Flower Mound. All of these are fairly wealthy areas, and according to Sprints coverage map, they have LTE coverage.

In reality, no. They shouldn't just blanket an entire region and say "we have coverage" when they don't have anywhere near what they proclaim or advertise on their coverage map.

So you can advocate Sprint's awful coverage maps, but until you use the service (esp. for certain people that decide a carrier based upon a coverage map) you really have no position to tell people to cry.

The point I am trying to convey is all cellular carries make their maps look better than what they are. Why did Sprint generalize their maps since LTE launched? I am not sure but just cause it says I have coverage I don't expect it to always work. WiMax is a perfect example. Even though it says there is or is not WiMax in certain areas I always try it out. There are areas with wimax that are not on the map and vice versa. At one hotel I may get great Wimax and then literally next door I get zero signal. Happens with any technology using high frequencies.

LightS
Premium Member
Greenville, TX

LightS

Premium Member

But this isn't a matter of stepping 30 feet away and losing signal. There are literally entire communities in the DFW area (hundreds of thousands of people) that are a complete dead zone, where Sprint shows coverage.

I can completely empathize with the fact that you may lose connectivity and sporadically, it's just the nature of wireless, but large areas that are conveyed to have coverage with the coverage but don't, it's almost false advertising.
mmay149q
Premium Member
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX

mmay149q to LightS

Premium Member

to LightS
said by LightS:

One of my friends here in the DFW has Sprint, after a while he just gave up and completely turned 4G off, he said the headache of flipping from LTE, to 3G was too much, losing signal too often. I hope Sprint get's it together soon, the DFW area coverage really sucks.

Matt